Broken inside glass door on my electric KitcherAid glass top range
Model 9752834A electric range, glass top. I purchased this range in 2002, so this is certainly unexpected to have the inside glass planel on the oven door so cracked that I am afraid it is going to totally break for me.
Please let me know what can be done and if this is covered by any sort of defective product warranty.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unfortunately, 9752834A is not a model number for the KitchenAid Superba. Usually the model number will have 4-5 letters, 3 numbers, 2-3 more letters and then a final number. Look inside the oven door for a plaque with the model number. With the correct model information, you can see if the lens cover is available.
Hi Judy and welcome to FixYa, I am Kelly.
There are several places model numbers are on a Kenmore range, The first is just inside the oven door on a silver colored decal. The 2nd place model numbers are located are on the back of the unit near the top panel usually not far from the electrical connection.
See this picture for possible locations: http://www.repairclinic.com/images/ModelHelp/Stoves/GasFreeStanding.jpg
We provide free diagnostic information when you tell us what brand and model number you are having issues with. We are available from 7 AM – 7 PM CST. We also provide part removal/installation instructions for our customers when parts are purchased through us. It is our goal to get you back up and running again ASAP, so please contact us when you need us to help you. We look forward to hearing you and hope that you have a terrific day. Thank you, Ella http://www.fixya.com/repair/d499389-accurate_appliance_repair_service
Ouch. The glass top does have to be replaced but I just ran the partial model number on your range and if you're at the comp. I hope you are sitting down. Replacing it not bad. Purchasing tho is rediculous. Retail suggested price just for the top is 600.00. Rediculous pricing but GE is like that sometimes. Sorry but repairing the glass is not possible and getting it from a glass shop isn't either. Sorry for the not so good news. Rick
While waiting for someone else to answer my question, I fiddled around with the door parts. I managed to reassemble them! Here's how:
1. start with the glass panel. Slide the glass panel into the slot at the bottom of the front door frame on the stove.
2. next attach the handle. There are slots on the bottom of the handle that fit into the top of the glass panel. Slide the handle slots into the top of the glass panel.
3. screw the handle onto the oven door using the predrilled holes on the inside face of the oven door.
4. last, attach each of the two side trim strips. Slide the top of each strip into the bottom of the handle on each side of the oven door. Then slightly bend the strip outwards so that they are short enough to fit into the bottom slot of the oven door frame on each side of the glass panel.