Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Welcome to FixYa! I believe you are referring to the network key or the passphrase when you try to connect wirelessly. Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) is a security algorithm for IEEE 802.11 wireless networks. Please follow these steps for you to be able to configure the wireless key.
1. Open up a browser and type 192.168.1.1
2. You will have this window, if it asked for a username and password, type " admin " as the username and leave the password blank.
3. Click Wireless.
4. Click Wireless Security.
5. Click on the dropped down menu and choose WEP.
6. On the space provided beside key 1, type your desired security key which consist of ten characters. It should be only A-F and 0-9 only.
7. Click Save SettiMy question is that I - matrix12_20.jpg
8. Click Continue.
Thats how you configure the wireless security key. Hope this information will help. Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Dec 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 01, 2011 | Coby NBPC1023XPPNK Netbook
May 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 18, 2010 | HP Pavilion a340n (DQ099AABA) PC Desktop
Apr 20, 2010 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Mar 16, 2010 | Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus:...
Oct 29, 2009 | Samsung NC10-14GW Notebook
Jun 23, 2009 | Nokia 6630 Cellular Phone
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!