Question about Microwave Ovens
Jesus57 please look here.
It sounds like you may have spray cleaner or another liquid in the keypad.
I always recommend that users spray the cleaner on a soft cloth (not on the keypad itself) then wipe the control panel off.
Otherwise, the spray can get into the controls and lock it up or make it act odd.
I recommend a soft cloth since paper towels can scratch the plastic. Also, I always recommend non-ammonia cleaners since ammonia can crack and damage plastic.
If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out with compressed air.
Ideally the control panel (if it's an over the range model) or outer cover (if it's a counter top type) should be removed to aid in the drying.
The keypad may also be damaged and need to be replaced.
If you (or someone you know) might want to replace it yourself, I have uploaded a handy guide with pictures showing you what's typically involved.
You can get Samsung parts here.
If you would like to have us do this for you, we do that for $39.95 plus part costs.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.
We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2017 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Feb 07, 2014 | LG LMV2015ST Microwave Oven
Oct 25, 2012 | LG LMVM1945 Microwave Oven
Mar 26, 2011 | LG LMVM2055 Convection/Microwave Oven
Sep 13, 2010 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Oct 02, 2008 | LG LMVM1945 Microwave Oven
Mar 01, 2008 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Dec 22, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 18, 2007 | Microwave Ovens
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!