Question about Washing Machines
There is most likely debris from the plumbing repair / install of the hot water heater that has migrated into the inlet screens of the washing machine. Turn off the water supply. Remove the water hoses from the water inlet valve and then use a thin bnladed kinfe to coax the inlet screens out of the inlet water valve body. Wash then under slow running water by gently rubbing your fingers over them until they are clean. Hod the screens up to a light source to make sure you have them totally clean. Reinstall the CLEANED screens and connect the water. This should correct the HC code.
If not there is one more series of steps to do:
- Water supply OFF
- Remove both hoses at water valve inlet
- Remove the inlet screens
- Reconnect BOTH hoses to the inlet water valve.
- Remove ONE hose from the Wall water supply and place it in a bucket TURN ON THE REMAINING HOSE connected to the wall.
- Start a WARM fill cycle and tap the water valve hose connections with the HANDLE of a hammer or the head of a very large screw driver while the unit is filling. (15 seconds)
- Stop fill cycle and turn off water to connected hose
- Reconnect removed hose to the wall connection.
- Reverse hose positons and place 2nd hose in the bucket. Thern ON the hose still connected to the wall.
- Start a WARM FILL cycle.
- Gently tap the water valve hose connections 15 seconds
- STOP Fill
- reinstall inlet screens and connect all hoses.
- test fill cycle and return to normal service
Thanks for choosing FixYa,
I am Kelly
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
Testimonial: "I appreciate the throughness of your response. It shows enough detail that I can 'picture' what you are saying even though. I will try this. Thanks"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2016 | Whirlpool WTW8200YW 4.6 cu. ft. Cabrio...
Mar 16, 2016 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Cabrio Washer
Sep 14, 2014 | Whirlpool WTW8800YC 4.6 cu. ft. Cabrio...
Aug 25, 2014 | Whirlpool WTW8200YW 4.6 cu. ft. Cabrio...
Sep 13, 2011 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Jun 29, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Oct 12, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Sep 24, 2009 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Apr 06, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!