Question about PNY 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity Memory Card
Solution overview: You need to "clean" theSD card by using the clean command in Diskpart and then format the card in DiskManagement. This solution will show you how to accomplish this.
1. Plug the SD Card into the computer.
2. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
3. Type "cmd" into the dialog box and press enter to open acommand prompt.
4. Type "Diskpart" into the command line of the command promptto start Diskpart. Wait for Diskpart to load.
5. Type "List Disk" and press enter.
6. Take note of the number of the disk that's associated with your SD card.
7. Type "Select Disk X" where X = the number of the diskthat's associated with your SD card and press enter. Make sure the commandprompt reports that Disk X is selected.
8. Type "Clean" or "Clean all" and pressenter. Clean will be faster but might not solve your problem. If using theclean command doesn't solve your problem, then repeat steps 1-8 and type "Cleanall".
9. Wait for Diskpart to complete the cleaning operation - this may take sometime so wait until it's completed!
10. Close command prompt.
11. Press Win+R to open the Run command.
12. Type "DISKMGMT.MSC" into the dialog box and press enter.Wait for Disk Manager to load.
13. In Disk Manager, scroll down and select the SD Card.
14. Right click and select "New Simple Volume".
15. Select Next, Assign Drive Letter, and select "Next" again.
16. Select "FAT32" for File System and "Default"for Allocation Unit Size. Fill in whatever you want for the Volume Label. Makesure "Perform quick format" is checked and click OK.
17. Wait for formatting to complete and remove SD card from computer.
18. Plug SD card into camera to see if the problem is solved.
Good luck and thanks for using FixYa. Post back if you have any questions orproblems.
Posted on Mar 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2010 | PNY 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Grey/Black
May 09, 2010 | PNY 4GB microSD High Capacity Mobile Media...
May 01, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2010 | PNY 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Jan 31, 2010 | PNY 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Dec 29, 2009 | PNY Optima High-Speed 512MB Secure Digital...
Sep 13, 2009 | PNY 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity...
Jun 05, 2009 | PNY Optima Pro 2GB Secure Digital Memory...
130 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: