Question about Computers & Internet
Welcome to FixYa! You maybe experiencing problem with the modem itself. The only way you can fix the problem is by resetting the modem. Once done, and the modem is is still acting the same way, you will need to replaced the modem. Please follow the steps below to reset the modem.
Note: Once you reset the modem, all the username and password that you or your ISP configured will automatically be deleted and goes back to default settings.
1. While the modem is on, press and hold the reset button at the back of the modem for at least 30 seconds. The reset button is like a red hole near the DC port. you can try to use a pen or a pin to press the reset button.
2. You can verify if the modem is already resetting if all the light are turning yellow or amber.
3. After 30 seconds, power down or turn off the modem for 30 seconds again then turn it back on.
4. If your ISP configure the modem with a username and password, you will need to contact them for reconfiguration.
5. Once the configuration is already done, monitor the modem if it will do the same thing.
I hope this information will help. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Aug 19, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Aug 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 16, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Apr 22, 2009 | 2wire Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2009 | 2wire HomePortal 1000HW DSL Modem and...
Mar 18, 2009 | NetGear RP114 Router
May 07, 2008 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Feb 03, 2008 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Jan 21, 2008 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!