Question about Hotpoint Washing Machines
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HOTPOINT WT940P
Lower the outlet hose into a low bowl, if water flows then you need a new pump cost around 20 pound to buy, If no water comes out the you have a blockage somewhere.
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
SOURCE: WD865 Hotpoint - F-05 error
F05 means that the pressure switch is jammed on full.
You need to check the pump is pumping out o/k, and if there is a filter, check and clean.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
My Aqualtis just stopped mid program with F-05 on the display.
This is apparently a failure to drain properly.
I was luckily able to hold the power button to cancel the current program drain the water out (very slowly) and empty the machine.
THIS IS HOW I RESOLVED MY PROBLEM.
Disconnect the machine from the mains. Turn off the water supply to the machine. Disconnect the cold water pipe from the machine at the top corner.(Watch out for some water) Remove the drain hose from where you have it going to. Pull the machine out and lay it gently down on the left side panel (use a towel to protect the side and absorb any water). Then, from the now exposed underside there is a black rubber pipe connected to the pump (black) coming from the main drum. Use some pliers to pinch the steel spring that clamps the hose in place and remove. Then using your fingers (there is nothing sharp in there) see if you can find any blockage.
I REMOVED: A pound coin, a dairylea slice wrapper and a piece of kinder bueno packet.
Carefully replace the black hose making sure it is fully on. Replace the drain hose, reconnect the water pipe and turn the water back on. (check to see it's dry with no leaks). Plug it in, turn on and that for me was it. Job Done.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
Do the following.
4. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
5. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
6. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
7. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
8. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
9. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
10. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
11. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
12. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
You have a blockage not allowing the drum to empty.
Check for blockages via the pump filter and the hoses
F05 means blocked pressure switch
If it still won't work come back to me
Posted on Oct 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jul 16, 2012 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Apr 08, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Aug 09, 2010 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Sep 28, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Sep 02, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Jan 31, 2009 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Oct 01, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Sep 17, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Jan 03, 2018 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: