Question about Belkin My Essential (ME1004-R) Wireless Router
Hi, 4. You must log in with a password to make changes to your Router's settings. If you have not yet set a custom up a password, leave this field blank and click the "Submit" button.
Welcome to FixYa! The security key for the Belkin router is what they also called the Pre-Shared Key, it maybe in the form of word, phrase or series of letters and numbers. The key must be between 8 and 63 characters long and can include spaces and symbols, or 64 Hex (0-F) only. Each client that connects to the network must use the same key (Pre-Shared Key).
1. Click on the green Belkin Router Manager icon (right-click for Windows) to open the menu, or type 192.168.2.1 into a web browser.
2.On the Belkin Router Manager menu, scroll up to Router Settings and highlight.
3.Click to open the Belkin Router Setup page on your Web browser.
5. Click the Wireless > Security link from the page menu on the left-hand side.
6. On the Wireless > Security page, you can retrieve your password(s) from the fields to the right of the Pre-shared Key (PSK) > entry.
7. Uncheck the Obscure PSK box to view and retrieve your password(s).
8. Re-check the Obscure PSK box to obscure your password(s).
Hope this information will help. Thank you for using FixYa!
4. You must log in with a password to make changes to your Router's settings. If you have not yet set a custom up a password, leave this field blank and click the "Submit" button.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2011 | Belkin F5D8236-4 Router
Apr 02, 2011 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Mar 29, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 25, 2011 | Belkin (F5D7633UK4A) Wireless Router
Mar 17, 2011 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Feb 25, 2011 | Cisco -Valet Wireless Router
Feb 16, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 06, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 05, 2011 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!