Question about Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo) Burner
Please note that a CD-ROM drive can read and in some cases write to a CD inserted into it. This is done by means of a fragile laser mechanism that scans the surface of the disc as it spins at high speed inside the drive. Drive failure can occure from a scratched laser eye, mechanical failure, overheating, or simply years of use. You will want to ensure the drive is actually broken before buying a new one as replacement or send it for a repair.
Please follow these easy steps:
1. Open the CD drive tray and insert a CD. If you have a tray that opens by pushing a button, push the button. For slot drives, try to slide the CD in. On slot drives, if the CD will not go in fully, the drive is not getting power.
2. Wait and listen for a "whirring" sound from the drive after the CD is in and the drive tray is pushed in. This may take a few seconds.
3. Look at the status light on the front of the drive if one is present. It should be blinking to indicate that the device is reading the CD.
4. Replace the first CD with another one in case the first CD is damaged or unreadable. Repeat steps 1 through 3 with the second CD.
5. Wait to see if anything comes up on the pc screen indicating the CD is being read or run. A notification may appear asking if you want to play the CD or run the software. This indicates a functioning drive.
6. Click on "Start" followed by "My Computer" and locate the CD-ROM drive usually labeled as "D:/" or "E:/". Double click on it. If the CD drive makes no noise or an error message appears on screen indicating the disc can not be read, the drive may be broken.
If an error message appears indicating that the CD-Rom drivers are missing this may indicate a software issue and not a broken drive.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2009 | Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7530B 8x DVD?±RW DL...
Apr 20, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Feb 28, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Feb 24, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jan 23, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Jul 20, 2007 | Sony VAIO PCG-K35 Notebook
May 20, 2017 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: