Question about HP Wireless Optical Mouse
Welcome to FixYa!
Here's a quick checklist to resolve your wireless mouse connection.
1. If the underside of the mouse has an on/off switch, make sure to set the switch to the "On" position.
2. Make sure that the battery of the wireless mouse is placed correctly and is not drained.
3. After checking the first two steps, the optical lens on the underside of your wireless mouse should be flashing once in a while. If not, there is something wrong with the battery, the wireless mouse switch, or the wireless mouse itself is defective.
4. Connect the USB dongle in the USB port and let it install automatically.
5. Connect the USB dongle in another USB port and let it install automatically.
6. Restart the computer with the wireless mouse turned on and the USB dongle inserted in the computer.
7. Download and install the drivers from here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-47909-1
I hope that this will help.
Thank you for using FixYa and keep me posted!
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2016 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
Aug 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Micro Innovations Wireless Optical Travel...
Feb 25, 2011 | HP Wireless Optical Mouse
Dec 27, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Mar 08, 2010 | BenQ M310 Wireless Mini Optical Mouse
Dec 19, 2009 | Labtec Mini Wireless Optical Mouse...
Oct 27, 2009 | Innovera Optical Mini Wired Mouse,...
Dec 23, 2008 | Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse...
Apr 10, 2008 | Toshiba Wireless Mouse PA3205U-1ETC
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: