I have an older Fresh Air (2004 model) which has been off and put away for quite a while. I just replaced the UV lamp and starter. The unit itself will not turn on at all. Would the power cord make a difference? It may not be the exact cord for that particular unit. (We used to be dealers, so we had several units on hand.)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The picture is a classic, with no UV light. Still works great. It got my kids off their inhalers after 15 years of 4 per month. Now 4 per year. A Fresh Air, depending on the age, has a light attached in the bottom of the visible base behind a cage and plate, and the new honeycomb units have the light inside the honeycomb.
the UV lamp does produce some ozone .. this one specifies .04 ppm .. thats not very much but might be detectable as a slight fresh air odor .. some other types use electrostatic filtering and some even have strong ozone generators .. ozone does kill bacteria, fungus and such and will freshen the air removing many odors but is not considered healthy in large or concentrated amounts or for prolonged periods .. the UV lamp will also kill bacteria and fungus without producing so much ozone.
Purifying Method: Photoplasma, UV, ions, and ozone.
The problem is dust or moisture on one or more of the circuit boards, in the bottom of the unit. The problem is usually caused by resetting the cleaning reminder without actually cleaning the machine. ;-) It hasn't been difficult for me to solve so far. Remove the filter. Remove the two screws that hold on the plate where the rear switch is located. The wires are long enough that they don't need to be removed from the switch. Use a blow dryer or dry compressed air to blow off the circuit boards. ****Keep your face out of the way!!! Be sure not to get the blow dryer too close or too hot. If you have a Warm setting, use that. Good luck!