Question about Plumbing

1 Answer

The drain in shower is pitted in places, appears to be made of a chrome plated metal. Is there a way of resurfacing it without replacing.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Master
  • 1,739 Answers

Here is an informative piece on chrome plating:

The cost to have a piece replated may be prohibitive. You would want to get an estimate and perhaps compare to the cost of purchasing as replacement. Some possible sources are below which could provide a good comparison for replacement cost:


Posted on Mar 15, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Metal handle adapter for single handle shower monticello cannot remove it

Did you remove the Philips screw that holds it in place? If you have and still can't get the adapter off try heating gently with a torch.

Feb 16, 2014 | Moen T3129 Chrome Monticello Single Handle...

1 Answer

Shower hose keeps disconnecting from metal connector

It seems you may need a new hose. You can contact Hansgrohe Tech at 1-800-334-0455 and we can handle the replacement for you.

Apr 10, 2013 | Hansgrohe 28274000 Techniflex 80in....

2 Answers

Sewage backs into the shower when the toilet is flushed

Obviously the drain line from your toilet to main drain out of the house ( used by upstairs ) has a blockage from your toilet line to "Y" in to main drain line. Depending on how it has been plumbed, there may be a clean-out between the 2 that can be used to remove the blockage. Your drain for shower is piped in to same line as toilet, thus when blocked at other end, overflows to shower. You can try some drain cleaner down shower drain if it will go. You might get lucky and release the blockage before plumber shows up .

Sep 16, 2012 | Home

1 Answer

I have an 11 year old, single handle shower control that when turned off has dripping. I have taken off the handle, etc and am at the wall. What is the next step or steps?

After you remove the chrome collar and plastic collar washer (behind the faucet handle), pry the beauty plate off the wall. Turn off the house main water supply. Remove the four screws and washer holding the cartridge and valve stem in place. Save the metal washer under the four screws for use with the new cartridge. Replace the stem/cartridge assembly and secure with the saved metal washer and four screws. Reinstall beauty plate, collar & collar washer, then handle.

Dec 21, 2009 | Price Pfister R89-7PC0 Chrome Portland...

1 Answer

The shower hose leaks from the connection between shower hose and

have you tried teflon tape? wrap it around about 7 times and you will be fine.

Jun 24, 2009 | Grohe Movario 59" Metal Shower Hose -...

1 Answer

Cannot remove shower holding plate

After removing the 2 allen wrench bolts in the holding plate, place the flathead screwdriver on the plate and using side of group as leverage lift. Check diagram below92b399a.jpg

May 27, 2009 | Gaggia Carezza Espresso Machine

1 Answer

Screechy shower curtain

they do make chrome plated, plastic curtain rings.

Apr 12, 2009 | Home

1 Answer

Upside down

Yes there should be an easy answer..unless the valve assembly was sweated in upside down....there should be a plastic plate in the center of the handle...that allows access to the screw that holds the handle on (now if I remember right you have to have a MOEN tool (specialty tool ) to remove the valve stem and these seat in only one way...but I believe the handle can be rotated 180 degrees as the valve has a rectangular duplicate sided appearance unless this is something I have not seen ...and I used to work at an Apt community that had nothing but moen fixtures. Try flipping the handle assembly...and usually the chrome plates slip up over a sleeve some have 2 screws one on each side...if so take these out and invert the plate......I hoper this helps...good luck...please rate me....The Fang

Mar 26, 2009 | Home

2 Answers

Watch case

This is more of a manufacturing than a support problem. However, if you would like to have the watch resurfaced or restored a qualified jeweler should be able to acid wash and plate it for you. It depends on the value of the watch (monetary or sentimental) and how much you're willing to spend. I wouldn't expect plating to run much more than $150 but you'll want to make sure you're clear on the end result (shiny, brushed finish, tinted, etc.).

Nov 10, 2007 | Watches

Not finding what you are looking for?
Plumbing Logo

Related Topics:

111 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Plumbing Experts

Andrew Bugbee

Level 2 Expert

259 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

45018 Answers

Gil Shultz

Level 3 Expert

3382 Answers

Are you a Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides