Question about Computers & Internet
You maybe experiencing problem with the LCD itself or the display driver. If its the LCD itself, you will need to replaced the LCD panel. For you to be able to isolate the problem, please follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer then keep on tapping F8 on the keyboard while the computer is turning on.
2. There will be a black windows that will appear on the screen where you can choose Safemode.
3. Boot the computer from Safemode and check if the line is still visible.
4. You can also try to go to the BIOS.
5. Restart the computer then keep on tapping F2 on the keyboard.
6. A blue screen will appear, please check if the vertical line is still visible.
7. If the line is still there, that means that the problem is with the LCD itself. If the line is not there, you can try to update the display driver from the manufacturer's website.
I hope this information will help. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
If its only 9 mnths old you should still have some warranty on your computer screen you could check a few of these things first to try and fix the problem before asking for a warranty claim
click start control panel administrive tools computer management device manager scoll to ports(com&lpt)right click to scan for hardware changes or scroll to monitors + to expand plug and play monitor right click where you have options to update driver,disable.uninstall,scan for hardware changes or select properties where in the general you have the option to troubleshoot also in the driver tab you have the same options as when you first right click on monitor
click start control panel,display,desktop you can select a different desktop from the drop down list also settings you can change the settings for more or less pixels or from the drop down list pick the appropriate level of color range or troubleshoot also select advanced then general dpi normal size,larger size or custom settings
always click APPLY after making any changes
hope this helps don
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Aug 27, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Jun 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2010 | Compaq Presario M2000 Notebook
Nov 22, 2009 | Toshiba 42H81 42" Rear Projection...
Jul 09, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite L45-S7423 Notebook
Jan 27, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook
Jan 05, 2008 | JVC TM-2703SU 27" TV
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: