Question about Computers & Internet
Run System In Safe Mode:
To identify the root cause of theproblem, first of all restart your system, press and hold F8 key. Do thefollowing once you are on the desktop.
1. Right click on Computer.
2. Select Manage.
3. Click on Event Viewer in computer management.
4. Double click on Application.
5. Check for the errors.
6. Similarly double click on System and check for the errors.
7. Search for the solution to this problem. Now you are able to easily diagnosewhy Windows laptop starts up very slow. b> Limit your Startup list: A long list of programs in startupcan adversely affect the performance of your PC. There are some programsrunning in the background without knowledge of user that causes Windows laptopto start slower. To solve the problem, follow the steps given below. 1. Click on Start button.
2. Type "msconfig" in search option.
3. Double click on the file.
4. Click on Startup.
5. Uncheck all unwanted programs.
6. Close system configuration utility.
7. You are done. b> Uninstall unwanted program: Sometimes Windows laptop starts upvery slow due to unwanted programs hogging your memory. To fix this problem,below are some steps. 1. Click on Start button on thetaskbar.
2. Go to Control Panel.
3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the list of programs, select the program that you no longer needed.
5. Click on Remove button.
6. Repeat step 4 for all unwanted programs.
7. You are done. b> Scan System for Viruses: Windows laptop may start slower due to any virus onyour computer. To solve this problem you should scan your system with somepowerful antivirus program. b> Run Disk Clean Up: Running disk clean up utility isalso helpful to resolve slow Windows start up. To run disk clean up utility,here are the steps given: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to All Programs.
3. Click on Accessories.
4. Now click on System tools.
5. Click on Disk clean up. b> Defrag hard disk: 1. Click on Start button.
2. Go to Command Prompt.
3. Type "chkdsk" and press Enter. b> Defrag Registry:You may use some safeprogram such as McAfee secured RegInOut to fix registry related issues
Posted on Jun 16, 2011
First of all, simply delete your browsing history and cookies. Websites will sometimes download cookies or copies of their pages to your hard drive for faster loading later. The unfortunate thing is that this can slow down your pc. Using your browser, delete your browsing history, cookies, and all offline content.
If your computer takes a long time to boot up, take note of how many programs you have loading on start up. Pay attention to the bottom right of your screen and watch the icons. Having a large amount of programs loading on start up will make your boot times considerably slower. Open these programs and tell them not to start on start-up, or simply delete them if you don't use them.
Sometimes spyware or other malware will be downloaded to your computer and can adversly affect performance. I suggest downloading a spyware deleting program like Lavasoft's AdAware. It is free and reliable. When you use it, make sure that you update the definitions each time to make sure you search for the newest spyware. Try running the tests at least once a week.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2017 | HP Computers & Internet
on Apr 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on May 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 31, 2015 | Lenovo IdeaPad Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2014 | Apple iPad Mini
Apr 29, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 03, 2010 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!