Question about Computers & Internet
This could mean a few different things:
1.) Your hard drive is bad.
2.) Your hard drive cable is bad.
3.) The cable that connects to your hard drive is loose.
If you are under warranty, I would advise you to contact the MFG. to have them replace the drive or check it out for you.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Acer aspire one
The computer can't see the hard drive for one of many reasons.
1. Hard drive failure
2. Bad connection between hard drive and motherboard.
3. BIOS corrupted
4. Motherboard failure of HDD control.
Press F2 when the ACER splash screen appears and go into BIOS set up.
The first page should show the hard drive name and ID number.
This may be missing or have corrupted characters in it.
Go along to the 'save and exit' and allow a restart. This sometimes kicks it into life.
Replace the hard drive with a known good one and check to see if this is recognised in the BIOS.
Clean the contacts of the hard drive.
ACER fitted both types of hard drive to this model, either PATA (IDE) or SATA.
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
Hard drive is not detected. Change the Boot sequence in BIOS
1. To access the BIOS you must tap F2 or delete key upon turning the computer on
2. Try to look for the Hard drive if it is detected by BIOS if not got to step 6
3. Look for Boot Sequence or anything that is associated Boot
4. The Order boot of must be 1st: DVD Drive, 2nd: Hard drive, 3rd: Network etc.
5. Save the changes and Restart
6. If you still get the same message I suggest that you take out the hard drive and put it back in until it is detected in BIOS
7. If Step 6 did not work I think you need to replace the Hard drive
Thanks for Choosing
Posted on Jun 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2015 | Acer Computers & Internet
Aug 01, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Dec 12, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Jun 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Apr 27, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Apr 04, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Oct 03, 2017 | Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook
Mar 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
1,409 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!