Question about Refrigerators
The controller board for the fridge part is faulty - the fan should run almost constantly. It only stops when the temperature is at the cutoff point set by the thermostat and the compressor is inactive.
You need to replace the board. This is it
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
If the fan of your machine won't work it might caused by a defective fan or it just so happen that it has rust that prevent the motor from turning. There are several ways on how to check this problem, either you check the voltage of the freezer fan or just turn the fan to see if they move freely. Here are some steps that you may try to correct the problem.
Remember you safety, please unplug the machine or disconnect the power to the unit before attempting any repair. Also please wear gloves.
1. If the machine is not in defrost mode the freezer fun should be running. Also, if the compressor is running and the refrigerator is warm, the freezer fan should be running also.
2. If it's not running you need to have gain access to the freezer fan to check if it has a 120 volts.
3. If the fan is getting the correct and proper voltage and still won't work, you need to replace the fan.
4. Now if the fan is not getting voltage and compressor is still running, you might have a problem with the defrost timer.
5. There are some instances where a fan has developed rust that prevents the motor from turning. Please try to use screw driver then get it a turn. If the fan stopped because of the rust, you should replace it anyway.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
Check out these tips...they can help you figure out what is going wrong withyour refrigerator and why it is not cooling
Refrigerator not Cooling or Fridge not Cooling
How to Defrost Refrigerator Defrost Timer Problem
Water Running in refrigerator from Freezer
Refrigerator or Freezer not Cooling or Getting Cold
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2015 | Samsung RS261MDBP Side by Side...
Jun 08, 2011 | Samsung RM255LASH Side by Side...
Jul 06, 2010 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Jun 22, 2010 | Samsung Refrigerators
Aug 25, 2009 | Samsung Refrigerators
Jun 15, 2009 | Samsung RS2556 Side by Side Refrigerator
Mar 29, 2009 | Hotpoint HSS25GFP Side by Side...
Jan 20, 2009 | Frigidaire FRS23F4C Side by Side...
Nov 17, 2008 | Whirlpool 21.0 cu. ft. Top Freezer...
Aug 09, 2008 | Zanussi Z57 / 3 Bottom Freezer...
256 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: