Question about Computers & Internet
Welcome to Fixya! It's really important that you have a secured wireless connection so that you will be the only one that can access your own network.I believe that when you're trying to connect wirelessly it's not asking for the network key or other users are able to connect to your network. Please follow the steps below for you to be able to make your connection secure.
1. Open your web browser, type " http://192.168.1.1/ " into the address bar and hit "Enter."
2. Use "admin" as the username in the pop-up box and " admin " as the password as well. For most Westell Modem, if the configuration is in the default settings, the password is " password " and once you type it, it will allow you to personalized it.
3. Connect to the Internet and click on "Internet Setup."
4. Select your connection type from the drop-down menu. Choose "DHCP" for cable modems or "PPPoE" for most DSL modems. If you are unsure of these options, check with your ISP.
5. Click on Wireless Settings.
6. Click on Basic Wireless Settings.
7. Set a service set identifier (SSID) to identify the router and change the password which you can see on the blank space beside the WEP key.
8. Encrypt your wireless connection using a Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) key.
Hope this will help...Thank you for using FixYa!
Posted on Mar 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Nov 19, 2009 | AT&T Computers & Internet
Sep 29, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Feb 16, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Dec 26, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Aug 20, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
May 27, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
May 21, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Nov 28, 2007 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!