Question about Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500 Plus Series Washer
I saw your answer and wondered if you could help. On my Bosch washing machine - front loader. For some reason the retaining ring/spring came off the front gasket. Nothing seems broken so I think I should be able to just put the retainer back, but it is very tricky to do. Do you have any hints or clues to this puzzle?
I very much appreciate your help
Regards I have a Bosch Nexxt 500 and can't figure out how to remove the round access panel on the front lower part of the machine. Can you help me?
This is a two person job. The spring part of the metal ring goes at the 6:00 position (note the groove on the metal part of the machine). Fit the ring into the gasket as much as you can on the hinge side. While one person uses pliers to stretch the spring, another person uses a flat head screwdriver to move the ring into the gasket groove. The trick is to stretch the spring as straight and close to the machine as you can or else the ring pops off and the gasket has to be reset.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
I mounted the ring by myself. Here's how:
1. Get a small piece of 2x4 that's longer than the spring will be when it's expanded. You basically have to stretch it less than an inch.
2. Nail two 4d nails to the piece of 2x4 close to the long edge. Again, about an inch or so wider than the compressed spring. Nail them so only about 1/4 of an inch is exposed.
3. File the head of the nails so they are relatively smooth to allow the ring to slide off easily.
Note: Wear eye protection just in case the spring snaps.
4. Hook one end of the ring (not the spring) to one of the nails and use a pliers to stretch the spring to hook the other end of the ring to the other nail.
5. Set the ring into the gasket groove making sure the spring is in the 6:00 position.
6. Hold the spring in place with one hand and gently push it off on of the nails. The other nail should come out easily.
This may take a couple of tries.
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
it is very hard to get the ring on front load washers,
it is much easier to remove the top. bottom and the front control panel
then the door and support panel.
now you have access.
some times you have to remove the counter weight in some models before putting on the ring.
if you can do it without removing these items you are very very good.
Posted on Jun 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2016 | Bosch Washing Machines
May 23, 2013 | Bosch Washing Machines
Sep 12, 2010 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Jan 11, 2010 | Bosch Washing Machines
Mar 01, 2009 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Dec 19, 2008 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Aug 09, 2008 | Bosch Washing Machines
May 01, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2008 | Bosch WFMC 3200 Front Load Washer
Jan 09, 2008 | Bosch Nexxt Premium WFMC6400UC Front Load...
Feb 11, 2016 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
Jun 05, 2014 | Bosch 3.81 cu ft WFMC530 1UC Nexxt 500...
2,405 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: