To keep the video and images, transferr images to the computer:
- If you have a Compact Flash media card connected to your machine, plug the card in the reader and follow the instructions of the software program to transfer to your favourite photo software.
Another method is connecting your camera to the computer using the supplied USB cable:
- Install the camera software on the CD following the guides that came with the camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable connecting to the camera in the Digital Terminal under the Terminal Cover on the right of the computer (looking at the lens).
- Transfer using your favourite photo software, or the software installed from the CD.
Next question, yes, you can get regular pictures from this, use the dial to select one of the modes to shoot photos. This information can be found in your manual too...
- Auto - use this setting almost all the time. All settings, including flash will be automatically decided for you.
- P - Program mode, ISO and shutter speed will be selected, all other settings you can override if you wish to set them.
- Tv - Shutter priority, requires you to indicate how fast the lens iris will open. The Apperature (size of the iris) will be decided by the camera. all other settings you can override if you wish to set them.
- Av - Apperature priority, requires you to indicate the size of the lens iris. The Apperature (size of the iris) will be decided by the
camera. all other settings you can override if you wish to set them.
- M - Manual priority, requires you to set both the Shutter (iris speed), and shutter (iris size). All other settings you can override if you wish to set them.
The other dial settings are:
- Portrait - automatic settings for still family/portrait photos
- Landscape - automatic settings for landscape mountain or outside scenes
- Night - automatic settings for low-light conditions
- Sports - automatic settings for high-speed events (sports, plays, movement)
- Slow speed - for making things look blurry like they are in action. Advanced setting.
- Stitch - allows you to take multiple pictures of a wide scene and later stitch them together in to a panoramic scene
- Movie - create movies (AVI)