Question about Computers & Internet
(I'm assuming that you're problem is in your computer/laptop) All you can do now is to reset the c-mos to erase the password. You have to pull-out the internal battery of the c-mos. This is like the watch battery. Leave 5 mins then re-insert. Power on the PC and you can access it again...
Hope I helped you.
Have a nice day!
Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
Testimonial: "thank you i will try this now."
need to download a Windows password cracker, burn it to CD/DVD, and
boot it outside of the Windows environment. This solution will show you
how to do that.
1. Download the Ophcrack Windows password cracker from here. For Windows 7, click on the ophcrack Vista LiveCD. Ophcrack is one of the best free Windows password recovery tools available. It's fast and easy even for a first time Windows password cracker.
2. Burn the Ophcrack LiveCD ISO file to a CD/DVD using the Windows 7 Disk Image Burner or another burning program.
2a. Right click on the ISO file and select Open with and then select Windows Disk Image Burner.
2b. Put a CD-R or DVD-R into the DVD/CD drive and select Burn. Wait for the burning process to finish.
3. Restart computer and press F10 or appropriate function key for your computer to enter the temporary boot menu. It may be F12 or F9 etc. Look at the first screen that appears when you turn on the computer and you will see which key to press. You also could enter the BIOS and change the boot order if you would prefer that method. Many computers have already have the CD/DVD drive as the first boot drive, so you may not have to do this step.
4. The Ophcrack LiveCD will now boot. Hit enter to select the Graphic Mode option.
5. Ophcrack will automatically begin cracking your passwords. The longer and more complicated the password is the longer it will take to crack. 99% of passwords are crackable. Any password over 14 characters cannot be cracked. This program found my 8 character password which contains letters and numbers in less than 10 minutes.
6. Write down your password when it's cracked. Remove the CD/DVD and restart computer.
Note that i re-posted the solution already provided by a different user so the credit goes to :
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
on Jul 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2014 | Xerox WorkCentre M-24 Color Copier
Feb 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 30, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Mar 20, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Jan 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!