Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The 13amp fuse blew in the socket and when replaced the light and fan worked in the oven however no heat was produced...any help would be greatly recived the oven is a newhomes el616.

Posted by Anonymous on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 8,909 Answers

Door switches

If one of the door interlock switches is not switching properly or there is a condensation problem on the sensor control panel, either can cause the turntable/light/oven to come on even though the "Start" button has not been depressed due to the wiring of the switches or it can take the mains power fuse out and stay faulty.
Check for faulty door switches and/or contaminated actuators.

Alternatively, the magnetron, supply or HV diodes can fail and take the mains fuse out.
I hope that helps.


Posted on Mar 14, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker microwave makes groaning sound when start button is pressed for a second or two then blows the internal fuse. After replacing the fuse everything seemed to work, lights, exhaust fan, cl


Could be a lot of things but most probably a shorted high voltage diode assembly. If not that then the magaetron or capactors. Remember be careful there are high voltages even when the oven is unpluged. The capactors are usually charged and must be discharged. If you don't know what yor doing then time to get a qualfied tech.

Good luck

Feb 14, 2014 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No power - blown fuse?


If it was run without the fan a thermal protect device was more than likely taken out. Check for that and replace the fan.

Mar 25, 2013 | GE Profile Spacemaker XL 1800 36"...

1 Answer

Microwave GE JES738 doesn't heat


Almost certainly the magnetron tube in your oven shorted and caused the light show and sound effects. This is the microwave source, and without the waves there's no heat. The tube is replaceable, but it's a costly parts. Add in repair labor, and you'd be better off replacing the oven. New ones are often cheaper than the parts alone today.

Apr 03, 2010 | GE JES738 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Under cabinet microwave went cold today. Other electrical accessories okay


Most microwaves have an internal fuse. There is a good chance it is blown. Check your manual see if this is easily replaced. The other issue is of course why it blew the fuse in the beginning.

May 04, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My microwave quit working


You have obviously damaged the circuitry. Service is expensive. Unless the unit is under warrantry my advice is to replace the oven. The newer ovens are very reasonable and have great features. Check Home Depot.

Ray

Dec 31, 2008 | Maytag Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Samsung SMH7178STD microwave fan stopped working


It looks like the part of your computer board on microwave which responsible for controlling light and fan stop working. In this case you have to replace computer board.

Dec 03, 2008 | Samsung SMH7178STD Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave won't heat anything


take the cover off the machine and look for a 13amp fuse that supplys the tranformers. BEWARE!!!
when you open the machine disconnect from the mains and do not touch the high power circuits the capacitors can hold a charge that can kill.

Jul 06, 2008 | GE JES1142SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turntable, lights and fan inop


sounds like a cross wire, and a short. I'd inspect the socket for the bulbs to ensure that there's no short circuit.

Feb 11, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Turntable, lights and fan inop


I'm guessing that nothing is working...is that right? If so, first guess is the breaker or an internal fuse. Nearly all units have them. You don't say what fuse you checked. Unplug the unit, remove the bulb and see what is in the socket. Next, open the breaker and then turn it back on. This will reset it. Something caused this.

Dec 19, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75066 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5058 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...