Question about Computers & Internet
If your having problem with the camera and it cannot be detected by the system it might caused by a missing driver. There are several ways on how to resolve this problem, try to reinstall the driver or try to configure the camera by pressing the FN key plus the function key that corresponds to the camera. Here are some instructions that you may use to correct this problem.
1. Try to reinstall the driver. You can use the driver disc that came with your computer or download the driver directly here.
2. If you go directly at the support download site, please look for camera section, you will notice different operating system. Please make sure to choose the driver that matches your operating system.
3. Now save the camera driver to your desktop.
4. After downloading, install the camera driver then restart the computer.
5. After rebooting please try to press the FN key plus the function key that corresponds to the camera. You may just look at the Function keys that has a camera logo.
If after installing the driver and you're still encountering the same issue, you need to consult the computer's manufacturer to replace the camera.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2010 | Creative Labs WebCam Live!
Jul 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 31, 2010 | Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook
Dec 05, 2009 | Labtec 961307-0914 Webcam
Jul 27, 2009 | Logitech QuickCam Connect Webcam
Apr 06, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1000 Notebook
May 26, 2008 | Creative Labs WebCam Live!
715 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: