An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: dell 962 printer
Remote fax error means there is something wrong on the receiving end, not with your fax.
It could be that it can't negotiate the handshake with your machine (that static noise it makes when it first connects).
Or it's not set to a receive mode.
Have you tried just calling the remote fax with your phone to see if you can hear that it is in a recieve mode (you'll get the static) or that it's not going to an answering machine by mistake (a common problem)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please check the dial tone by following the instructions given below:
1. Press "Fax Mode."
2. Press "Menu."
3. Press "Up Arrow" or "Down Arrow" repeatedly until On Hook dial is highlighted.
4. Press "Select" twice.
You can now hear the dial tone of the telephone line.
5. Enter the number to which you want to send a fax.
Note: Press the keypad numbers to use an automated answering system.
6. Press "Start Black."
I must tell you that this is not a printer issue, since printer does not have inbuilt fax capabilities....Actually you are trying to send fax from the computer using a Data Fax Modem. Printer just used for scanning and printing documents for fax...
1. Please check if your computer have Fax modem. Look at the back of the system tower, if you see a phone jack port (probably two of them).
2. If yes then , you need to have a telephone cable directly from wall (not the ethernet cable coming from DSL modem), fax works on analog signals which is possible only from telehone line.
If your phone line is working, there is no chance the it will give you error again for NO Dial tone
There are 2 phone jack ports on the back of the 962.
One for line, one for phone.
You want to plug the phone line into the port that says "line" or "Fax".
If it's plugged into the wrong one, your fax machine will not get a dial tone.
First, check your fax's phone line. Put a regular phone on it and check for dial tone and line noise. If the line is dead or noisy, this will cause a problem.
You can also try dialing your fax number from another phone and see if the fax unit picks up the line and starts initiating communication. (sounds like modem noises)
What happens if you dial the remote fax number as a voice call on another phone? Does that number pick up? Does it give you the modem handshake noise? If not, the remote side has a problem.
Can you fax other numbers?
What happens when you dial your own fax line from another phone? If your fax does not pick up and talk to you, your fax may have a problem.