Question about Samsung Televison & Video
Check the region of your dvd disc if supported by your samsung machine
Posted on Dec 28, 2014
Providing that you have a legal DVD player that is meant to play discs in this country and that you have bought a legal disc (not an illegal bootleg copy) you might need to do a firmware update on player.
If player has internet connectivity you can do it directly on player - it should be a menu prompt to update firmware
if no internet connection is available on player you will need to contact Samsung and have them send firmware update to you on a disc and load it that way
If either disc or player is a bootleg or grey/black market purchase than that is the issue
Players will only play discs from the region they were made to work in
USA is region 1
Posted on Mar 13, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Jan 11, 2015 | Samsung BD-HM57C - BD-HM57C Wi-Fi Blu-ray...
Oct 08, 2014 | Philips HTB3510 5.1 3D Home Theater System...
Mar 09, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 22, 2011 | Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray 3D Player
As I live in Kazakhstan my BD-C7500 is locked to DVD region 5. Just use the codes at the end of this tutorial for your own DVD region.
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player on.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the REPEAT button - just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller - and enter 5 6 7 3 2 on the number pad.
5. The region code "3" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.
6. Quickly enter a "9" to make the player region free. (Just try pressing 9 on the remote controller until you see 9 appear in the upper left corner of your TV screen.)
7. Open and close the disc tray. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.
For people from other parts of the world, all region codes are as follows
1 - 2 9 3 3 4
2 - 5 7 5 3 8
3 - 5 6 7 3 2
4 - 7 6 8 8 4
5 - 5 3 8 1 4
Jan 12, 2011 | Samsung BluRay Disc Player BDC7500 BluRay...
Sep 29, 2010 | Sony BDP-S550 Blu-Ray Player
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!