is the best thing that a person can do, who likes to be systematic,professional and clutter free with regards to data.
There is no real meaning in keeping your computer disorganized which would result in malfunctioning and cost you money that you can save if you just organize your data effectively.The best way to organize the data on your hard disk is as follows:-
After installing the operating system, install only those programs which you use, and are essential for your use.·
- First things first, when you install an operating system, for e.g. Windows Xp you get an option for partitioning your drive, make sure you make full use of this option to create as many drives as you feel are appropriate depending on your hard disk capacity.
- If you want to have 1 partition which is small and the other 3 to be bigger, then you can just reduce the of the first partition which you would use mainly for operating system and installing applications.
- So for e.g. a 500 GB hard disk can partitioned as 50 GB for operating system or the root drive usually c: drive ,and then the other three drives you can use for bulk storage i.e. 150 each ,which would result in 50GB+150GBx3 = 500GB Hard disk.
- There is no meaning in installing programs that you don't use often, or don't actually use, for e.g. some people would like to install CorelDraw application , when they are not working on it.· This does nothing but takes up unnecessary space on your hard disk drive which causes the hard disk to slow down or possibly get infected, if the software that has been installed is a pirated one.
Install Anti virus software as soon as you install an operating system
Keep updating your anti virus while you use your PC·
- This is a prerequisite to make sure that you are safe from virus right from the time that you have your operating system installed. · Most of the time users want to install all the other application besides the anti virus software, this software could be infected by viruses, in case such software are pirated or you install them from a USB drive or a pen drive which has been infected.
Keep your desktop clean to have a nice relaxing look·
- As viruses are created daily, there is no way out but to keep updating your anti virus software from time to time, as and when they have an update.·
- Usually the anti virus software is set on auto update mode, so when the time is due, the anti virus would download the latest update automatically, so if you disable auto update feature, it could potentially harm your computer.
Now this depends on personal preferences but it has been observed that those people who fill their desktop with many shortcuts copy files on their desktop instead of a different folder of a hard disk or a different a partition realize that they have not organized their data.
The consequence about the above act is that,when your root drive gets infected by a potential virus, or it gets formatted or loses its data due to a power surge, and you find that you no longer are able to boot your operating system, the only option you have is to format the partition and install the operating system again.
There are ways to recover data but , many users are not experts in recovering data it could cost them much in terms of money when they ask someone for data recovery , but it's always better to be safe than sorry.Maintain all shortcuts for applications in one folder in your desktop·
Uninstall the applications that you don't use·
- There are many applications which are usually installed by users, therefore, it is always better to have their shortcuts in one folder to keep the desktop clean and clutter free.
Hope you enjoy organizing your data.
- This is very crucial, as many people don't liketo uninstall application, but just ignore them despite the fact that they know these application regardless of their are taking up space in their computer's hard disk as well as registry.· Uninstalling such applications helps you to control which programs are useful to you and which aren't.