Question about HP Pavilion G60-235DX notebook

1 Answer

6my\ keyboard\ is\ typing\ 5very\ weird.\ I| haa5ve\ been\ trying\ to\ look\ up\ what\ is\ wrong\,\ but\ I| cannot\ find\ a\ solution.\ I| do\ not\ know\ how\ to\ use\ hot\ keys\ or\ reset\ keyboard.\ PLEASE\ HELP

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 115 Answers

Try plugging in a keyboard to see if the problem persists, if not then it's your keyboard, if so then it could be an issue with your operating system. Contact HP to see if there was a recall on any parts for your laptop.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

When trying to type a capital K is is not typing that but a weird symbol. This just started happening.

The key combination you're referring to probably switched your keyboard layout.
For examply, I use Dvorak to type, but to switch over to regualar QWERTY, my family presses Alt+Shift.
Note, that's because I have it set up that way. Your combination might be different.
Try this:
Control Panel --> Search "languages" --> Click "Change keyboards or other input methods" --> Click the button that says "Change keyboards"
If you see anything other than plan "US" or "English" under "Installed Services", remove it.

Sep 29, 2016 | Nakajima AE-800 Electronic Typewriter

1 Answer

Keyboard double letter

Likely just a bad keyboard. Good news is that keyboard are really cheap for most laptops.

Viruses can do all kinds of weird things, they usually don't mess with the operation of the keyboard though.

Aug 06, 2013 | ASUS Computers & Internet

1 Answer


Replace the keyboard with a used one from ebay?

May 08, 2012 | Compaq Presario Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Can't get the question mark back

You probably mean that instead of typing ?, you you're ?. Am I right? (oops, there see I did it) I mean am I right?.

The solution is really simple: Just HOLD CTRL and PRESS SHIFT (once and firmly)!!! If it doesn`t work the first time then just try it again until it does because it sometimes takes a couple times for your computer to respond. This trick works with all PCs.

If you (for some strange reason you want to type ? again just do the same technique.

Note: it also changes " to `` and / to ?
and it makes al ot of weird things happen such as making SHIFT + 2 type " instead of @ (weird I know). Basically this trick I taught you changes your keyboard's language from French to English.

If nothing I've told you works even after multiple attempts, then you need to... START > CONTROL PANEL > on the main menu look under Clock, Language, and Region and CLICK "Change Keyboards and Other Input Methods" > CHANGA KEYBOARDS and from there you can click on English (Canada or US).

Hope this helps,


Mar 16, 2011 | Acer NSK8458AN Keyboard

1 Answer

I have an acer aspire one and the keypad is not working its typing the wrong letters any suggestions why. It is not a year old yet

This is either a keyboard or setting problem. If the operating system is told the keyboard is a different type or the wrong location (language) you get weird results. Can even be a stuck key or even a function setting. Laptops use the FN-F7 key (usually) to turn on the numeric pad that is in the keyboard. That will also give you strange results.

If the keyboard doesn't have a stuck key and actually is the problem then it can only be replaced.

If its just a setting then you need to look under control panel for the keybaord setup and make sure it is set to the correct location language and type. A standard laptop keyboard is a 84 key and I believe the ones with number pads are 101 key.

Nov 08, 2010 | Acer A2909.001 Aspire 1800 Aspire 9500...

1 Answer

Hi. Heres my problem. Ive been using a microsoft

Uninstalled it and reinstalled using the cd software installation.

Aug 25, 2009 | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse

Not finding what you are looking for?
HP Pavilion G60-235DX notebook Logo

82 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18402 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a HP Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides