Lexmark x1270 wont print color even though the cartridge is full.
A technique to improve print quality is to try and clean the cartridge nozzles. You may clean the cartridge by following the steps given below:
1. Go to the "Lexmark solution center." This can be done by clicking on "Start," go to "Programs" and Lexmark printer group. Click on the "Lexmark Solution center." Next click on the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Clean and Fix Horizontal streaks." Click on "Print". This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzle" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge or cartridges from the printer.
3. Get a damp paper towel.
4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer.
8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install."
9. Repeat the "Clean Nozzle Page" one more time. If this fails to address the problem the entire procedure may need repeating.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Power the printer off.
2. Press and hold the "Paper Feed" button.
3. While still holding the "Paper Feed" button, press and release the "Power"
button. Continue holding the "Paper Feed" button.
4. When the printer starts pulling paper, release the "Paper Feed" button. It
should print a test page at this point.
5. Power the printer off, as this test is continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or
solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black
installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, please try it again without
cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make
sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue,
and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any
cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge
installed (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the
test again with just the black cartridge installed). If you find that either
cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality
issues, please let us know.
Oct 19, 2009 |
Lexmark X1270 All-In-One InkJet Printer