Question about Philips DVD740VR DVD Player/VCR
if VHS tape is in you have only one solution..to disassemble DVD/VCR ..Can you do it ? you may try !!t
Here's how to do it..
* 1 Turn off the COMBO. and unplug it.
* 2 Remove the 4x screws off COMBO on the sides and take off the DVD/VCR casing.
* 3 Look for the Tape which messed up with VCR transport mechanism ,try to release tape of the transport with your hand..
* 4 Since EJECT feature works with power only ,while you keep the tape off from transport plug the device to power and turn it on..Don't worry,you will see the eject mechanism starts moving back on forth,keep the tape off it and let it eject..
* 5.When tape is out .If it destroyed badly normally you should not use it however if the recording in is valuable for you you can cut the chewed portion and splice it back together .(Pls see the video included...How to fix a broken VHS tape.)
* 6 While it is open,place another Tape to see if mechanism works properly. and eject it...
* 7 Replace the casing and the screws. Plug the player in and turn it on. Now player is finally working ..
Hope this helps!..
Take care and please Remember to rate/vote and give us 4 Thumbs Up
to continue for Helping out the Community :)
Posted on Jul 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2012 | Brother SE400 Computerized Sewing Machine
May 27, 2012 | JVC 32 Class 1080p 60hz Lcd Hdtv - Black...
Jun 06, 2011 | Sylvania DV220SL8 DVD Player/VCR
May 25, 2010 | Quantegy 456 Reel-To-Reel Recording Tape
Dec 01, 2009 | Sony M-2000 Desktop Cassette Transcriber /...
Jun 03, 2009 | Swintec Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 14, 2007 | Toshiba W522 VHS VCR
May 01, 2007 | Sylvania SRCD227 27 in. TV/DVD Combo
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!