Question about Ovens
Hello there and thank you for choosing fixya
The f-1 error code is a fairly common problem with these ovens
This is either a controle panel issue or even the touch pad being faulty ok
Here is the test for it to determine which one it is
This simple test will help determine whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC (Clock).
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound).
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Posted on Mar 13, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 20, 2012 | Magic Chef Ovens
Apr 11, 2011 | Magic Chef 9815 Electric Single Oven
Here is a tip that I wrote that will help figure out why the burner spark keeps on clicking...
Gas Range Repair Burners Keep on Clicking
Dec 13, 2010 | Magic Chef Ovens
Oct 08, 2010 | Magic Chef 9815 Electric Single Oven
Jul 08, 2010 | Magic Chef Ovens
Dec 31, 2008 | Magic Chef 9122 Gas Single Oven
Jun 08, 2008 | Jenn-Air JJW8230D Electric Double Oven
Jan 03, 2008 | Whirlpool 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!