Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
right click my computer
hardware and then devices
scroll down till you find your network
click it and then update
after updating restart
let me know if that helped
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
If this is an aspire One with linpus lite linux,
The network center disappearing is an issue with the linux update server that seems to corrupt the OS.
The solution unfortunately is to reload the OS from the recovery disk.
The aspire ONE does not come with an ODD so you will need to use the disk on a unit that has an ODD to make the recovery USB flash drive.
You will need a USB flash drive that has at least 2GB of storage, a computer with an ODD, and the linpus recovery disk that came ywith your unit.
1. Boot to the linpus disk, one of the options should be to make a recovery USB drive, make sure that no important data is on this USB drive as it WILL be formatted and erased.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and then insert the recovery flash drive in to the USB slot of the Aspire ONE.
3. Re-start the Aspire ONE and press F2 to go in to setup.
4. Change the boot order to boot from "USB HDD" and press F10 to save and exit.
5. Unit will reboot and recovery will start.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Apr 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 29, 2011 | Acer Aspire 6930-6771 Laptop
Sep 17, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Jun 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jan 05, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!