In order for the Coby to charge while connected to the computer or other charger, the Coby must be OFF before being connected to the computer
. Check the following questions....
Can you see it in "My Computer"? It will show under "Removable Drive/Storage"QUESTION TWO:
Double click the removable drive to open the folders. Can you see your music, photo and photo folders?QUESTION THREE:
Can you see the player in Coby Manager
- under the "DEVICE" tab?QUESTION FOUR:
When disconnected from the computer, how long can you listen to the Coby player before it goes off?If not present
in My Computer or in Coby Manager, then it is not plugged in correctly.
a. Disconnect the player from the computer.
b. Wait for it to cycle through "Please Wait" and "Updating Library" screens.
c. Make sure the player is TURNED OFF
d. With player TURNED OFF
, reconnect wire to the player then to the computer.
e. You will see a USB connector icon
on the player screen
and the player charging in the battery area -
upper right hand corner.
It will appear to be charging
all the while it is connected to the computer. After it has been plugged into the computer for an hour, it should be well charged unless the battery is completely run down. In that case, you need to do an initial 8 hour
charge with the player OFF.
f. Use the Coby Manager
to disconnect the player (Found HERE CobyMedia Manager fix for MP822 (Windows XP/2000/Vista)
1. Go to the DEVICE TAB
2. CLICK on EJECT Button in lower right hand corner.
3. It will have a pop-up screen to ask "Do you want to eject?" Click YES.
4. The second pop-up screen will tell you "The device can now be safely removed from the system."
5. The Coby will now show "Please Wait..."
6. It will take the Coby about 10 minutes on the "Please Wait" screen and then on the "UPDATE the Library" screen - Be PATIENT
You should now have enough battery power to use it. To check the battery level,
1. Turn on the player
2. The battery icon is in the upper right hand corner of the screen - it is ALWAYS RED
until it starts to go down... I've not had mine down very far, but believe the red line gets shorter as the battery is wearing down.
Let it run on music until it turns itself off. Recharge as above.
Hope this helps.