Question about Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Perform a software reflash
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
Na reflash na po ganun pa rn!!!
Posted on Aug 08, 2008
SOURCE: k610i white screen
My phone just died as well about a week ago. It flashed a white screen, so I took the battery out to restart it and when I went to restart it, it just flashed a red light about 6 times. I went to a couple phone repair shops and they were quoting me anywhere from $50-$150 in repair fees. How frustrating! Well i decided i'd scour the net to see if there was viable solution that was cheaper. And I struck a goldmine! I just wanted to share my solution with you and any other people that are having this stupid problem....as it seems common with this particular model. What makes me even more frustrated is the horrendous price people wanted to fix it for. I just barely fixed my phone by myself for....get this....$11 AUD (7 Euros) How amazing is that! Now I will go through the steps you need to do to get your phone working hopefully.
1. Download Wotan Client from the following website:
2. Buy 1 Credit via paypal from their website...it's 7 Euros and they will email you your login details for the Wotan Client App. You can also download a get started guide to get you started http://www.wotanserver.com/Getting_Start...
3. Install the Wotan Client and open it up.
4. At the bottom right, put in your login details.
5. Plug into your Computer the DCU-60 Gray USB Cable that comes with your phone.
6. VERY VERY IMPORTANT, Remove your sim card and your memory card you have in your phone before you connect your phone.
With your Sony Ericsson K610i phone, press down and hold the 2 and 5 number keys simultaneously while connecting the phone to the USB Cable.
7. When you hear the standard sound of new hardware connecting to your computer, quickly click START on the Wotan Client on the top right.
8. It should say phone found, and it updated my EROM and it said done after about 10 seconds.
9. You can then disconnect your phone and take the battery out for about an hour before you try to power it back up.
This program was a lifesaver! And i'd hate for anyone to have to get gipped or ripped off by the Mobile Repair shops around, so that's why I wanted to post this, as it worked with me.
Hopefully this will work for you as well. Don't let anyone tell you it's a hardware issue! It's a firmware issue...
Alright Mate happy repairing to you!
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Aug 15, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Jun 05, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Feb 24, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Aug 10, 2009 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: