Question about Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
1. Turn on the printer.
2. Push the button on the front of the printer to open the cartridge door. Do not remove the cartridges.
3. Push the Clear/Back button and hold till to bring up a reset menu. There are 8 different toner functions ( two Black, two Cyan , two Magenta, and two Yellow).
4. For each of these eight functions in turn, push the O.K. button and then push it again to indicate 'Reset'. After a few seconds, it will say 'Accepted' and will then display a message that the cover is open.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each of the 8 toner functions.
6. When finished, close the door and the status bar will be reset to normal with no error message.
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You could try resetting the toner cartridge settings. OPen the machines front door where you would replace the cartridges. On the top panel you will see a "clear/back" button. Press it and on the display you will see a reset menu come up. Arrow to each one and hit the OK button. Press "1" to reset. Once you have gone through all close the front door of the machine and press stop to bring the display back to normal.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
Open front cover and hit "Options" button, you should see a prompt to "Change Drum". Don't hit 1 for yes or 2 for no. hit the "Start" button and then put in the number 11. You should see the word "Accepted" in the window. Close front cover and you should be all set.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
when the printer is in "ready" state, press the GO and SET at exact the same time.
Now, using the (-) < button you can choose any "service" option to fine tune te printer
TONERLIFEEND is the first in the list, press the "set" button en chose "Nothing" and press "Set" again
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
If your cartridge has a lever on the left side near the rear, it needs to be reset, and there's a lever inside on the left that can stick and cause that error. You need to wiggle and pull that lever until it moves freely again.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2011 | Brother HL5350DN Laser Printer
Jan 31, 2011 | Brother MFC-7220 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 11, 2010 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
May 24, 2010 | Brother DCP-7020 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Brother DCP-7040 Laser Printer
Aug 01, 2009 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Jun 07, 2008 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 10, 2008 | Brother MFC-8460N Laser Printer
Jan 08, 2008 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Feb 18, 2015 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
1,069 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!