Question about Hitachi 42HDS69 42 in. Plasma Television
That doesn't work. I pressed the Menu button (it's called Menu, not M) and then pressed that number sequence, but it doesn't do anything: The menu just remains onscreen. If you have a specific suggestion rather than just pasting text from the manual, I'd love to hear it.
Service menu settings and resetting if still nothings happen. Then DVD works fine and then the signal strength is 95%. Then the problem is your cable card provider. They blocked your channel this is the common problem of card deactivation. Just try this, take the cable connection and put an ordinary outdoor antenna, if still not working then the problem is in the signal board , but if it's works ok then the problem is cable card activation...
Checking the Diagnostics screen 1. Make sure the RF cable is plugged securely into the CABLE connector (not the ANTENNA connector) on the back of the DVR.
2. Tune to a channel that is having a problem and press RECORD to lock the tuner to the CableCARD.
3. Press the TIVO button and select Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > Diagnostics. Look for the number of the problem channel, and then look below it for the Signal Lock setting.
• Signal Lock: Yes means the DVR is detecting a signal for the channel. In this case, the DVR usually cannot display the channel because either the CableCARD has not been activated or during activation the card did not receive the provisioning necessary to display the channel. For more information, go to Step 4: Determining if the CableCARD is activated.
• Signal Lock: No means the DVR is not detecting a signal on the channel. If this is happening for only one or a few channels, this channel may not be in your lineup. For more information, go to How Do I Determine Which Cable Lineup Is Mine?
If you see Signal Lock: No, and Test Channels could not display any video on the CableCARD, use the following procedure to check the signal connections.
Checking signal connections 1. Partially eject the CableCARD(s) so that they are disconnected from the slot.
WARNING: If you remove the CableCARD(s) completely, you must take care to replace them in the same slot. Switching slots will unpair the cards; to re-establish pairing, you will need to contact your cable provider.
2. Press the LIVE TV button on the TiVo remote control. Do you see video?
• If you see video, the CableCARD activation was not successful. For more information, go to Step 4: Determining if the CableCARD is activated.
• If you do NOT see video, go to Step 3.
3. Plug the RF cable connection directly into your TV. Do you see video? • If you see video, go to Step 4.
• If you do NOT see video when the cable feed is connected only to your TV, contact your cable provider.
4. Reconnect the cable to the DVR and try the following, in order. Press the LIVE TV button and check for video after each step.
a. Check the cable connection on the back of the DVR. Make sure the RF cable is securely attached to the CABLE connector.
b. Press the INPUT button on your TV remote control to cycle through the settings. The Input setting must match the physical connection between the DVR and your TV (HDMI or Composite, for example).
c. Press the FORMAT button on the front of the DVR to cycle through the settings. This ensures that the DVR is sending a compatible signal to your TV.
d. If you have any splitters installed, remove them and then reattach the RF cable to the DVR.
5. Restart the DVR. After the DVR restarts press the LIVE TV button. If you still cannot see video, contact the TiVo CableCARD hotline.
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2013 | Televison & Video
Aug 01, 2008 | Hitachi 42HDS69 42 in. Plasma Television
Jun 25, 2011 | DISH Network IR Remote Control
Nov 16, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 01, 2009 | Samsung HLP4663W 46" Rear Projection HDTV
Dec 15, 2008 | Proscan 32LA30Q Television
Jun 13, 2008 | Eclipse AVN5500 Car DVD Player
May 03, 2008 | Televison & Video
May 02, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-EZ47V DVD Recorder/VCR
234 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!