Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
There are a few reasons that this is happening. I play Black Ops almost daily and have encountered this endless times.
1. On the multiplayer menu right before you search for a match, look at the bottom right of the screen. It says something about a "NAT". If your NAT is CLOSED or MODERATE than this maybe the issue. You can open the NAT depending on your internet service provider:
That video may help (its the one I used) if you have Verizon, but if not, you can always search for your specific internet provider.
2. If you are using Xbox Live with a ethernet cable you should have a relatively better connection that if you are using WiFi to connect. If possible, try switching to ethernet.
3. When searching for games (on the same menu as above) hit the "back" or "select" button on your controller (the one on the left of the big circle xbox guide button) and set your search settings to "Locale" or "Locale Only". What this does is only search for connections near you which allows you to have better connections to the game.
4. Your internet itself might not be that fast. If this is the case, theres not much you can do besides pay for faster internet. This isn't always an option so I suggest avoiding it. You can however test your internet speed at:
This allows you to actually see how fast the internet you're using is.
5. Switch back to an older Call of Duty. I'm a big fan of Black Ops but no matter what you do to fix your connections, this game is highly connection based. If you are having THAT much of a problem with it and tried everything, you might as well save yourself the rage and trouble and play a game that works.
Hope this helped ! See you on Xbox live, hopefully ;)
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2014 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 01, 2013 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 02, 2013 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 12, 2011 | Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000 Keyboard
Apr 27, 2011 | Activision Call of Duty: Black Ops
Apr 25, 2011 | Activision Call of Duty: Black Ops for...
Mar 05, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 27, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 20, 2011 | Activision Call of Duty: Black Ops
Dec 18, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!