LG GGC-H20L DVD-RAM Burner won't read any type of disks!
My LG GGC-H20L DVD-RAM Burner won't read any type of disks. I installed a sata to ata converter in the motherboard. I don't know if that's what's causing the problem or not. I went to device manager, and it had an ! indicator on it, an i can't figure out how to fix it.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: LG GGC-H20L DVD-RAM Burner won't read any type of...
Reinstall the device drivers, after that and it still did not work, right click the item on device manager, go to properties and let us know what is the "device status" or the error code, i sure hope it is not error code: 1
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
> unable to read any CD or DVD. Its detected in device manager but cant ready media. Can you hear it "spinning" the media? If not, you have a "defective" unit (motors or bearings). If it spins, but nothing is read, then you have a "defective" unit (dead laser).
Take it back to where you bought it, and get them to test it, to prove that it is "bad", and then for them to replace it.
> in Hardware details it shows HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GH24NS50 SCSI CDROM Device.
Normal for most SATA devices.
> it shows as HT-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8526B ATA device.
Hi, Problem may be with your drive or playback software.
1. Copy your media from your DVD disc to your harddisc and then try playing it (not directly from DVD drive). If media plays well, then there can be problem with your drive.
2. If still play back jumps after copying the DVD to your computer, then the problem might be with your system. Download and install VLC media player from the link.This should fix the proper due to codec and playback.
I hope this is helpful in solving your problem. Thanks
There is no mention of Dual Layer support in any specifications I can find about this recorder. DL media is a very nice plus, so if it supported it, I imagine it would figure prominently in marketing and on the drive tray, too. All this tends to make me believe that while it offers some nice features, DL media is not one of them.
The LG site turned up little about the drive, but I did find some sales info below: