Question about Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
You may want to delete the upper and lower filters in your registry.In order to delete upper and lower filters you're going to have to edit the registry. The usual cautions apply. If the registry is not edited properly your whole system can crash.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Click start control panel,administrive tools,computer management,device manager scroll to cd/dvd rom drives right click properties then properties again then tick enable cd digital cd audio for this cd rom device or scroll to dvd regions select the no _ for your specific area
Aug 30, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Dec 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jun 29, 2009 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Mar 25, 2009 | Acer Aspire 3100-1405 Notebook
Feb 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop
Jan 16, 2009 | Acer (91.37H37.001) Internal DVD Drive
Sep 09, 2008 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Aug 14, 2008 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
Jul 25, 2007 | Acer (91.42R37.001) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo)...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: