The "SPRING-BACK" Action is Originated in the Ignition Switch itself (THE ELECTRICAL SWITCH) I think that is where you should Look.
On these models, the ignition lock and ignition switch are removed as an assembly. Refer to IGNITION LOCK
Disable airbag, refer to Air Bags and Seat Belts/Air Bags (Supplemental Restraint Systems)/Service and Repair
. After procedure has been completed, rearm airbag system.
On these models, the ignition lock and ignition switch
are removed as an assembly.
- Disconnect battery ground cable.
- Remove tilt lever.
- Remove three Torx column cover attaching screws, then the upper and lower column covers.
- Using tamper proof Torx bit tool No. 440-TX20H or equivalent, remove three ignition switch mounting screws.
- Carefully pull switch away from column. Release two connector locks on seven terminal wiring connector, then disconnect from ignition switch.
- Release connector lock on four terminal connector, then disconnect from ignition switch.
- Remove ignition lock from ignition switch as follows:
- With key inserted and switch in Lock position, use a small screwdriver to depress ignition lock retaining pin flush with lock cylinder surface.
- Rotate key clockwise to Off position. Ignition lock should now be unseated from ignition switch assembly. Do not attempt to remove ignition lock at this time.
- With ignition lock in unseated position (lock bezel approximately 1/8 inch above halo light ring), rotate key counterclockwise to Lock position, then remove key.
- Remove ignition lock from ignition switch.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- Connect two wiring connectors to ignition switch. Ensure switch locking tabs are fully seated in connectors.
- Install ignition switch on steering column.
- On column shift models, shift lever must be in P position and park lock dowel pin on ignition switch assembly must engage with column park lock slider linkage.
- On all models, verify ignition switch is in Lock position (flag parallel with ignition switch terminals).
- Apply a dab of suitable grease to flag and pin, then position park lock link and slider to mid-travel.
- Position ignition switch against lock housing face. Ensure pin is inserted into park link contour slot.
- Install ignition switch retaining screws and torque to 12-22 lb-in .
- With ignition lock and switch in Lock position, insert ignition lock into ignition switch until it bottoms.
- Insert key, then while carefully pushing ignition lock toward ignition switch, turn key clockwise to Run position.
- Check for proper operation on ignition switch in all positions.
FOR PICTURES EMAIL ME AT MY NICKNAME HERE ON FIXYA @AOL.COM