Question about Vacuums
1. Get a long screw driver (probably phillips head) a strip of tape.
2. Look around underneath your vac for screws... look carefully because sometimes they are sneaky and hidden in weird areas like under the wheels, etc.
3. Take screws out stick them in order on tape turned upwards. (remember how you took them out.)
4. Gently remove the bottom cover.
5. Clean and remove debris, hair, dust bunnies, rocks... whatever.
6. Determine where the belt goes, disengage the beater bar on that side (may need to unscrew something) Belt on beater bar gears. Other end of belt on motor end... then stretch belt with beater bar until it fits back in it's place and replace any screws, etc.
7. Make sure the belt is seated properly.
8. replace cover, screws... test.**
** sometimes belts require that you put a twist in them so it can transition from the motor's direction to the beater bar's direction... if you twist the wrong way... the beater bar will spit dirt out the front of the vac.. (it's bulldozing it) In that case remove cover and twist the belt the other way.
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2017 | Vacuums
Oct 06, 2014 | Dirt Devil Easy Lite Quick Vacuum
Aug 23, 2012 | Hoover U6446-900 WindTunnel Bagged Upright...
Aug 18, 2012 | Hoover U5780-900 Windtunnel Cyclonic...
Make sure that all plug ins are correctly attached. Remove botton plate to determine if the rubber belt is broken. Replace belt if broken
Please vote if my information is helpful or not. Recommended. Thanks UAW Local974
Jun 26, 2011 | Vacuums
Jun 21, 2011 | Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum -...
Jan 17, 2010 | Bissell ProHeat Turbo Deep Cleaner Upright...
Mar 30, 2009 | Hoover U8185-900 Upright Vacuum
Apr 16, 2008 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Feb 28, 2008 | Vacuums
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: