Question about Felt Q520

1 Answer

What kind of headset do i need for a 2011 felt q520. Have a cane creek on an old trek and thought I would switch them over, but the felt head tube seems to be a little bit wider in diamater.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 16 Answers

Your Felt q520 uses a Semi-Integrated 1 1/8 inch headset. These headsets are known under various names such as zero-stack and low-profile. The cane creek on your old trek is most likely a conventional threadless headset. The standards are not compatible.

Please purchase a semi-integrated 1 1/8 inch headset and have a bike shop install it for you as pressing the cups into and out of the frame requires special tools and if done improperly can destroy the frame.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Who made this mid 80's to early 90's aluminum bicycle frame?

This is from the
Trek Aluminum Series 420 The model is TBI 0405.
Nice bicycle, but I wish they had included a chain guard as standard.
They were gray paint with a red TREK logo on the drop tube in the original finish.

Jan 01, 2016 | Cycling

1 Answer

Who made this bicycle frame?

most likely a trek. Google Trek serial numbers for more info.

Jan 01, 2016 | Cycling

1 Answer

Headset required

It is actually a pretty conventional 1 1/8" threadless headset. A Trek dealer would identify it properly - but we replaced several of them with a Cane Creek S-2 or S-3 when necessary. These would be excellent choices. It is possible you may only need to replace the bearings and not the entire headset. Cane Creek would be a good choice here too.

Oct 18, 2012 | Cycling

1 Answer

Which is the best rear shock?

Cane Creek Double Barrell. Easily the best rear shock on the market. You can go to Cane Creek's website and they will provide all the specs and which version you would need for your bike.

Dec 16, 2010 | Cycling

1 Answer

How do you fit the Marzocchi 4X World Cup Forks 2009 to a dmr drone?

The easy answer is take the rigid fork of your current bike and replace with the Suspension fork.

The complicated answer is you may not want to run that fork, The reptiod which uses the same basic frame is set for an 80mm travel and your fork is a 100mm travel. So to get the bike to handle correctly you would probably want to replace the headset with a Cane Creek Angleset along with your fork, and even then it may pitch you to far back on the bike, but it would be interesting to try.

I would not suggest doing this yourself unless you have the necessary tools to install the headset, install and remove the crown race and install the brakes. That is alot of speciality tools and will be much less expensive to have the shop swap forks.

Nov 23, 2010 | Cycling

1 Answer

How do I ad a spacer to extend the neck heighth on my Trek 7.6

Modern bicycle stems use the threadless headset system that is usually modified for proper fit (height & reach) once using a stem of suitable reach, angle and length and then tweaking it with spacers. The length of the steerer tube on which they mount can be shortened and cut to size but it can't be lengthened.

A new stem with a higher 'rise' might work for you.

See this post:
"How To Adjust a Threadless Headset"

Jul 16, 2010 | Cycling

1 Answer

How do I program my Blue Trek G2 to my new cell phone?

Switch on your phone's Bluetooth, (usually under 'connectivity'). Allow; 'visable to all'. Switch on your G2.
Phone should recognise bluetooth signal, may ask for passcode, usually; 0000. You will then get message; G2 connected.

Nov 20, 2009 | BlueTrek G2 Consumer Headset

2 Answers

Cannot fit to my Trek 820 due to

You have to use a different fork. There are three standard steering tube sizes: 1"; 1.125"; 1.5". The 1" is found on budget bikes, older bikes and some cruiser/hybrid bikes. 1.125" is the most common size and is also usable on 1.5" head tubed bikes using reducing headsets. 1.5" is found on heavy-duty mountain bikes and some carbon fiber road bikes, although its use is increasing in popularity.
The point is, you can sometimes convert down, but never up. You have to source a different fork.

Sorry, mate

Nov 01, 2009 | Cycling

Not finding what you are looking for?
Felt Q520 Logo

Related Topics:

114 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Felt Cycling Experts


Level 3 Expert

79851 Answers

Michial Gueffroy

Level 3 Expert

1138 Answers

Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor

Level 3 Expert

20318 Answers

Are you a Felt Cycling Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides