When the camera is turned on, the LCD diaplay screen is blank (dark) and just displays various information icons for batterly level, megapixels, quality, flash-on, etc. When I try to take pictures, the same is not possible as LCD screen does not display anything. However, it does click and take pictures - which are nothing but black squares.
However, the LCD screen works fine when used in preview mode for the pictures taken before the problem started.
Thanks for your response.
Canon Powershot S230 LCD screen is black.Shows icons and takes pictures but nothing shows up on the screen.The flash is still working.
no display. did power on self test. All buttons work except live image and share button. I tried engaging live image function from menu,this also will not execute lcd. can this be fixed, and how involved is it. Thank you. Theo
I have a sony cybershot DSC-S650, the LCD was very dark and could not
see anything except if I pointed it at a bright object, everything else
worked ok. I could take pictures but could barely see them in playback
I took it to Sony authorised repair outlet and was told
the CCD was damaged, they charged me USD $55 to repair it (in Quito,
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the image in the LCD monitor will darken in strong sunlight or bright light. This is normal occurrrence in device CCDs and does not contitute a malfunction. This image will not be recoded when shooting still photos, but it will be recorded wihen shooting movies.Read you owner manual and adjust the MENU, according with your o. manual.Otherwise you must go the repair shop God bless you
The display being blank can be due to failure of the LCD or the CCD which is the optical sensor of the camera. So to confirm check the older picture to be seen on the display. Confirm this by checking the card on your PC. If the images/picture is seen to be of good quality, then the LCD can be faulty, fault on the linking cable or the control board.since you are able to seen the ICONS the LCD is good , Now if the picture taken are seen well the CCD is also OK and the fault seems to be a digital logic gate failure as there is no switching of the circuit .
This might require a probe and it might be a relative issue in the motherboard circuit or the processsor. Remove battery , press down all buttons to drain off voltage and see if the camera resets.
Please clarify your problem so someone can help you.
1. Does the camera power up? It has good batteries and the Status Indicator LED lights up showing that the camera has adequate battery power?
2. Is the screen blank when playing back previously taken photos also, just during recording, or all the time?
3. Can you see the camera menu's ok but not the live view of the subject.. or is everything blank?
4. Are you quite familiar with the menu's and most aspects of this camera model and you're sure all the settings are correct?
Please provide more detail. In the meantime check the basics such as:
1. Press the display button on the back while the camera is on.
This toggles the display setting between various settings such as
Off/ On / Info. The screen may be switched off.
2, Check that the monitor brightness setting is set to medium at least
in the menu's.
3. If the problem is only affecting recording then check that
the main record settings are correct for the type of scene. For
example don't use Beach, Snow, Candle or manual with a super high shutter speed while taking regular daylight shots.
2nd example .....If you set the shutter speed really high such as 1/1000 second while using indoor lighting the shots will be very dark.
4. If the LCD display has a hardware issue you could connect the camera to a TV using the video output jack and look at it that way. Then you'll know if the built-in LCD is ok or not.
5. Having a damaged or stuck video output jack WOULD cause this problem also,, since that circuitry is designed to automatically shut off the built-in LCD display when you connect a video cord to it. So leaving a cord plugged in to the video jack would shut off the display.
A little more info may be required, if its a canon, after you turn it on look for the little Disp button, press that to cycle through the various display modes. If its not a canon please tell us a little more.
If you are talking about the icons on the LCD when it is on, the menus will have a choice for a clear screen view. On the back there should be a button for the display such as disp or the options will be in one of the menus. On this camera there is a display or screen button which will give different options of which one option will turn off or on the various icons to be viewed. If you do not have a user's manual, you can download a pdf file here: Sony DSC-W100 This file will give all the information need to work this camera.
Hi, When you say the screen is "blank" Is it totally blank or do the icons appear on screen? can you review any previous pictures etc?
As the camera still powers up it is possible that the ribbon for the screen has popped out of it's socket.
My email is listed in "the only way i know how.." In my tips n tricks section on my profile if you would like more advice.
If the LCD screen is blank or black when you have your camera in the Camera or Play mode, the camera may need service. To determine if this is the case, follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu button to see if the LCD screen can display the OSD (On Screen Display).
2. Set your camera to Play mode, and then see if the LCD screen displays a picture.
3. To eliminate the possibility of a user setting causing the problem, put the unit into Auto mode by rotating the dial on the units exterior to Auto Mode.
Note: The word "Auto" appears on the screen when this mode is activated.
4. If putting the camera into Auto mode does not resolve the problem, test the unit in Play mode. If the unit operates normally in Play mode, but the screen in Camera mode is blank, your camera requires service which you can arrange by Creating a Service Ticket below.
Note: Because your camera has an automatic LCD display shutdown feature, its normal for the LCD to stop displaying when the camera has been on for along period of time. This feature prolongs battery life.
The Display button manually turns the LCD display on or off to save batteries. If you accidentally had turned the LCD off, It should only take one press of the button to turn it back on and leave it that way. As such, it's not you but the camera. The A570 IS is relatively new. Your camera is likely still under warranty. If so, contact Canon for warranty repair (see the following link):
CCD malfunction, common with Sony manufactured CCD chips. You are in luck, its a free repair regardless of warranty date. http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=223&modelid=8044#