Question about General Electric GE 24-Hour Power Strip Timer #57698
You posted under GE 24-hour analog power strip.
But question says 7-day programmable without giving brand and model number of your timer.
Resourceful do-it-yourselfer cannot sell a product on e-bay without describing what you have.
Same with fixya.
Open following links to help identify timer and for helpful information:
We have 4 solid options.
1) The omission of key information in question leads me to suspect that you have not read manual carefully. Or that timer has programming conflicts.
I write out information when manuals are confusing.
2) I read timer manuals each day, test timers, and write timer manuals.
Some manuals are poorly written and confusing, so add a comment to this thread with model number so I can read manual alongside you.
3) Add a comment with photo of your timer, so I can identify timer and give best answer:
4) Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 12, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
For the WOODS Model 50029 Indoor 7 day digital timers with Astronomic features.
8A / 1,000W Tungsten
15A / 1,875W General purpose
500 VA Electronic ballast
120Vac 60Hz 8.3A Ballast
Charge the Battery:
Plug the timer into wall outlet for 30 minutes to charge internal battery. Note: You can then unplug the timer from the wall outlet and comfortably hold it in your hand to program the timer.
Clear the Memory:
Press the RESET button with a tooth pick to erase any previous settings.
Note: Inactivity for approximately 30 seconds and the timer will return to clock mode.
To Set the Clock:
1. Press the TIME button to set the current year: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 2012 to 2099.
2. Press the TIME button again to set the month: Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 01 to 12.
3. Press the TIME button again to set the date: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number. The maximum date will depend on which month you choose.
4. Press the TIME button again to set the daylight savings time feature. DST will appear on the bottom of the display screen. Then press the "+" or "-" button to set DST AUTO mode or DST OFF mode.
5. Press the TIME button again to set the hour: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
6. Press the TIME button again to set the minute: Then press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the number from 00 to 59.
7. Press the TIME button again to set the Astronomic function: Then press the "+" or "-" button to select the zone you are in. North = "nor", Center = "cen", and South = "sou".
8. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunrise time. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
9. Press the TIME button again to adjust the Sunset time. Press the "+" or "-" button to adjust the time.
10. Press the TIME button again to finish the setting or press and hold the TIME button for 4 sec that will to back to standby.
To Program the Timer:
1. Press the PROGRAM button once to display the first ON setting.
2. Press "+" or "-" button to adjust the day or group of days you want for the program. Scroll to select from everyday, each individual day, weekdays, or weekends.
3. Press TIME button to set the hour. Press "+" or "-" to scroll through 12-hours AM, 12-hours PM, sunrise time or sunset time for first on setting.
4. Press TIME button to setting the minutes. Press button "+" and "-" to adjust from 00-59.
5. Press the PROGRAM button again to display the first OFF setting and repeat steps 2 through 4 to program.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for additional ON/OFF settings.
7. Press the "MODE" button once, at any time exit time setting or program setting.
Sun tracking technology: the timer adjusts automatically to sunrise/sunset times. For example, program lights to turn On at sunset and Off at 10:00 pm. As daylight hours extend, the sunset time will increase. For example sunset may be at 5:41 pm on Monday, 5:42 pm on Tuesday, and 5:44 on Wednesday. The timer will adjust to this On time accordingly and will always turn off at 10:00 pm as programmed.
To Connect/Operate the Timer:
Plug device in to the timer and turn the device on. Plug timer into wall outlet.
To Operate the Timer / Use Manual Override Function:
Press MODE to choose different function between ON, ON AUTO, ON RDM, OFF, OFF AUTO, OFF RDM
1. ON - load is ON permanently in manual mode.
2. ON AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled event.
3. ON RDM- RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced ON and will stay ON until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
4. OFF - load is OFF permanently in manual mode.
5. OFF AUTO - AUTO mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled event.
6. OFF RDM - RDM mode has been selected and load has been forced OFF and will stay OFF until a contrary scheduled RDM event.
Random Setting Security Feature:
When the random setting is ON, the timer will turn ON/OFF +/- 30 minutes around program on and program off times.
Daylight Savings Time Feature:
When the DST function is on "DST AUTO", the sunrise and sunset time will increase 1 hour on the Sunday of the second week in March at 02:00 am every year. It will then decrease 1 hour on the Sunday of the first week in November at 02:00 am every year. For example if sunrise is 6:12 am on March 9th, it will be 7:11 am on March 10th.
Consumer Support (800) 561-4321
Dec 16, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Oct 22, 2012 | Hardware & Accessories
Nov 24, 2011 | Hardware & Accessories
If you want someone to talk to you, you will have to pay for phone help.
Here are the simplified instructions.
Press Mode to step thru various options, you only need to get to CLK.
Then set the hour, minute and day of the week first.
If you want the timer to go on & off at the same time for 7 days, you must program 7 times.
Good luck, Gary
Setting the Time of Day
Press MODE to go to the Clock (CLK) settings. The display will flash with 12:00 AM.
Press HOUR+ to stop the flashing.
Press HOUR+ and M+ to set the current time in hours and minutes.
Make sure that AM and PM settings are correct.
Note: The day of the week is shown at the bottom of the display. If you have not programmed the calendar settings,
be sure to also set the current day of the week while programming the current time. To do this, press DAY until the
correct day of the week is shown. The CLOCK settings are now complete.
Press MODE to go to the first PGM screen. See Fig.9
Use DAY, H+ and M+ buttons to set the days, hours and specific times that you would like the timer to turn ON.
(NOTE: Be sure the word ON is displayed when setting the ON time.)
Press NEXT ON/OFF to program an OFF time.
Repeat the same steps for all 7 ON/OFF operations, if required.
Aug 29, 2011 | Intermatic Inc. EJ500C Digital Wall Switch...
Dec 18, 2010 | Intermatic HB88RC - 7-Day Programmable...
Dec 10, 2010 | Intermatic HB88RC - 7-Day Programmable...
Dec 01, 2010 | Hardware & Accessories
Oct 04, 2010 | Woods Indoor 24 Hour Digital Timer (59203)
May 05, 2010 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
I have the directions for this item and tried to paste them here, but exceeded the amount of space allowed. Will send in several replies. FIRST:
HOLIDAY LIVING HEAVY DUTY OUTDOOR DIGITAL POWER CENTER
MODEL #LW28080 ITEM #0050024
NOTE: To set up Timer for the first time, plug in the timer for 10 minutes, then insert a sharp pointed object or opened paper clip into the pin hole marked "RESET" to clear all settings.
SET THE CURRENT TIME
1. Press the CLOCK button.
2. Press the DAY button to set the current day of the week.
3. Press the HOUR button to set the current hour. Be sure to take note of AM / PM.
4. Press the MIN button to set the current minute.
5. Press the ENTER button to finish setting the time.
Note: If you do not touch any buttons for 10 seconds, it will automatically save the time.
Continue to Digital Timer Mode or Photocell Timer mode below.
To have your lights turn on and off at specific times throughout the week, choose Digital Timer Mode.
To have your lights turn on every day at dusk and off at dawn or after 1 - 12 hours, choose Photocell Timer Mode.
Nov 21, 2009 | House Brand Hardware & Accessories
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: