My Saeco Royal Digital is 2 1/2 yrs old (7,000 shots). It grinds and makes the noises but no water is coming out. Yes, it has water in the tank, no clogs. I've tried unplugging and replugging the power, and it will work for a few shots and then stop. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The dreaded clicking noise is usually the brew drive gears are broken. Usually caused by too much coffee in the brew unit that it can't compress ( 2 scoops of coffee). If you have ever done that, its broken but can be fixed.
2 things can cause this.
1. the grinder is set to fine abd you are creating to much pressure and the pump is having a hard time pushing water through.
2. You are getting a blockage in the brew head from coffee residue and oils.
Tru pushing the prre grind button and making a coffee without putting any coffee in. Blank shot. If it works its you grind. If not its your brew head. Needs to be cleaned.
There are 2 problems that can cause a watery puck.
1. Like EsWorld said, If the grinds is too coarse it leaves room for more water and you get a watery puck.
2. But if your grind is like a grain of salt, the you don't have enough coffee going into the brew unit, and this leaves room for extra water. To fix this, there is a lever on the top center of the door. The lever will increase the dose if pushed towards the back. DON'T push the lever to the full back position. This could cause an over charge, which could cause the brew unit to dump the ground coffee with out making because it could not compress the charge, or it could break the brew drive. 1 click back from the full plus is fine and will give a great shot.
Hi What is the lever for despensing grounds on the top of the side door reading. If its all the way to the back it probably too far. Pull it back one click and try it. The other thing you should try if its not the grounds it to push the button you want to use and hold it in until the liquid coffee want is reached, then release the button. This is called programing and you can do it to each button for you desired amount.