Question about Computers & Internet
Assuming you have Windows XP or later, do the following:
1. Click on "Start"
2. Right-click on "My Computer"
3. Select "Manage"
4. Expand "Storage" if it isn't already and click on "Disk Management"
5. You will see a list of your disk drives. Each drive will have a graphic illustration of each partition or logical drive that it contains. You must first delete the partition or logical drive in order to reformat the drive. Make absolutely sure it is the drive you want to reformat! Once you delete a partition or logical drive, you can't go back!
6. Right click on the partition in the drive you want to format (F: in this case)
7. You will see either "delete logical drive" or "delete partition".
8. Delete all partition(s) and/or the logical drive. If there is more than one partition, you must remove them all. Click on "Yes" if you are asked whether you are sure.
9. When finished, there should be one unallocated partition shown. Right click on it and select "New Partition". Follow the directions and select "Primary Partition", "OK"
10. Select the full size displayed and "OK"
11. Assign the drive letter, presumably "F:" and "OK"
12. Select "NTFS" file system, and "OK".
13. The Windows operating system will begin formatting the drive. Depending on its size, it may take 1/2 hour or more to finish.
14. After formatting is finished, you can right-click again on the partition and set it as an active partition.
15. You're done! Exit out of the Disk Management menus and the drive should show up in Windows Explorer as drive F: (or whatever you selected). If not you may have to reboot.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 13, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
on Jun 30, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 07, 2013 | Cell Phones
Apr 30, 2013 | Cell Phones
Apr 18, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 02, 2013 | Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition 120GB...
Feb 16, 2013 | SanDisk Cruzer Micro 8GB USB 2.0 Flash...
Aug 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 03, 2009 | SmartDisk FireLite 80GB 400Mbps FireWire...
Dec 14, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!