Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave burnt out,how to replace it - Microwave Ovens

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 17,129 Answers

If there is buring smell or sparking please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is leaking and sparking to the ground. If this was stored, it is quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron.
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off.
Now keeping clear switch on , use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues , you can use the microwave safely

Posted on Mar 11, 2011

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Burnt food in my microwave and now it's dead.


The magnetron has more than likely failed, "heart of the system" the fact it burned the cookies in 15 seconds is a concern, suggesting magnetron was burning out.

Apr 17, 2012 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When I turn on the microwave for cooking, a fuse 20amp burnt, then i replaced the fuse and set it for cooking and the fuse 20amp. burnt again,


okay this means that your microwave is having a short problem check the varistor across the primary winding of the low voltage transformer probably it is burnt that cause it to short or it is shorted without sign..cut away varistor from the connection and put in a fuss then see what it does.good luck.

Sep 13, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

I have an amana convection/microwave model acm1580as that needs a lamp replaces. I bought replacement lamp and after practically tearing appliance apart I located burnt out lamp. Now I don,t know how to...


Hi, since you have located the burnt lamp, all you need to do is to unscrew the burnt lamp and replace the new one by screwing it in.....
You only need to unscrew to remove the lamp and if you cannot remove by unscrewing because it is stuck in, then you need the assistance of an electrical tech to help remove with his pliers....

Mar 26, 2011 | Amana ACM1580 Convection Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Sanyo 1000W microwave is shooting sparks!!!


you need to replace the cavity cover "the cardboard like",the antenna bearing set "the gun barrel like" and the gear motor.If the "gun barrel like" is stuck up because the gear motor is not rotating excessive heat will occur inside the microwave thus burning the cavity cover.

Mar 20, 2009 | Sanyo EM-A5200SW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Bottom of GE interior door microwave is burnt/rusted


just use sand paper to clean the rust then use some high temperature paint (sold in tins) eg spray paint but it must be labeled high temperature and spray 2 to 3 coats . your microwave should be safe again

Nov 17, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a sharp micro wave oven. Occasionally, when some foods are cooked or heated, you can see small bursts of blue flame. What I should do ? I only use microwave safe containers.


You probably have a burnt wave guide cover. Look inside the microwave either on the side or on the top, it's a square piece of mica board, and you should see a burnt spot on it. You should be able to replace it fairly easy with the model number I can check on a replacement for you.

Jul 09, 2008 | Sharp R-220HW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burnt smell in microwave from burnt muffin in a GE microwave


Many solutions are found here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=microwave+smell+OR+odor&btnG=Google+Search

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Dec 06, 2007 | GE JES738 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

39 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

74896 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5052 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...