Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional
You will need to ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Try the following:
1. Right-click your desktop and select "Screen Resolution"
2. Click "Advanced settings"
3. On the Adapter tab, click "Properties"
4. On the Driver tab, click "Update Driver"
If this doesn't work, try using the color calibration tool.
1. Right-click your desktop and select "Personalize"
2. On the bottom left, under See Also, select "Display"
3. On the left, click "Calibrate color"
4. Click "Next" in the bottom right corner and follow the instructions
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
on Oct 09, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Jan 26, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Mar 10, 2010 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T33 Digital Camera
Oct 30, 2009 | Panasonic PT-LB20U Multimedia Projector
on Dec 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 11, 2009 | Casio QT 6000 Point of Sale Terminal
Mar 15, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A75 Digital Camera
Apr 22, 2008 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: