a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Reset or restore your iPod for a try, this can fix many general iPod problems.
2. You may try this iTunes alternative, I always use it to upload music and video to my iPod once my iTunes can't recognize my iPod, my friends recommend it to me, it's safe and works pretty well, you can also use it to copy music and video from ipod to computer for backup, it's useful when you lost your iTunes library.
3. Update your iTunes to the latest version. Plug in your iPod. If iTunes can't recognize it, then in iTunes in the top left corner click help> run diagnostics. On the box that comes up, check the last two things. Click next and it should identify your iPod. I got this method from Apple technical support. Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question.
As with all iPods, you must use Apple's iTunes application to sync your music with your iPod Shuffle.
You'll need to install the latest iTunes by downloading it from Apple click here> and then installing it. You install iTunes like any other downloaded program by double-clicking on the resulting icon after iTunes has successfully downloaded.
Follow the on-screen directions to install iTunes.
Once iTunes is installed, start up iTunes and have it search your computer for music for it to manage for you. While that is going on, plug the white USB cable that came with your iPod into your iPod Shuffle and into one of the USB ports on your computer. This will trigger iTunes to recognize your iPod Shuffle and ask you whether you want to set it up with this computer.
Follow the on-screen prompts to sync your iPod Shuffle with your computer.
To charge your iPod Shuffle, just keep it plugged in to your computer using the supplied white USB cable. Keep the cable connected until the battery indicator on the ipod Shuffle shows that the battery is full.
The first thing to do would be to download itunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/ and install it on your computer. Once installed plug in your ipod to using the supplied usb cable. You will be able to charge your ipod and update the software on your ipod. Once it is fully charged you can use itunes to transfer music onto it. As there are so many things you can do on your ipod you should download a manual from http://support.apple.com/manuals/
put your ipod in disk mode by following these steps. press and hold the Menu and Center buttons on the clickwheel. when you see the apple appear, switch your fingers to the center and play/pause buttons. whena check mark appears plug it into you computer and it should detect and mount. add music and have fun.
Look into the bottom of the iPod where the USB connects. Make sure none of the pins are bent and that there is no corrosion visible. Also, are you using the same cable when you connect the different devices?
Have you tried installing the ipod program cd from your ipod on a separate file. Under a different username? It may be conflicting with the older model ipod protocols. If that dosen't work try going to apple.com for further assistance.