Question about Drills

1 Answer

Hi, i'm trying to put blinds up inside a bay window 1930's house but can not find any fixings and thr rawl plugs just fall out is there anything else i can do? thanks

Posted by Anonymous on

  • Obertelli
    Obertelli Mar 11, 2011

    You need to supply more details about the surface you're trying to put fixings into.

    Is it a wall or ceiling? Is it plasterboard, plastered brick, lath and plaster, etc? What size is the screw, and what size rawlplug and drill bit have you been using?

    Please help us to help you :-)



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 48 Answers

Try drilling a smaller hole for the rawl plugs. I have never had one that would not hold if the hole is the right size. Also there are butterfly fastener holders that open up behind the wall finish you might try.You drill a hole and push them through and they open up behind the wall. depending on the thickness of the wall you will ave to get a long enough screw to catch the bottom of the insert.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011

  • Anonymous Mar 15, 2011

    Tried all that there does not seem to be anything other than thin layer of plaster thanks anyway



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Window blinds

I don't know about fixing them after they've become entangled, but I do know a thing or two about preventing them from ever getting tangled in the first place. One idea I've heard is to put the string inside a clear plastic straw, which would then help prevent the adjacent string from get tangled up with it. If you do have a serious tangle issue, sometimes it is easier to just replace it rather than try an untangle it. Or you take the whole unit off the wall and untangle it that way.

Feb 19, 2014 | Select Blinds 2 1/2" Deep Wood Blinds...

1 Answer

Hi, I want to replace an old American Standard toilet bowl that is a 4 bolt tie down design to the floor. Can I replace this with a standard 2 bolt floor mount design? If not are 4 bolt tie down models...

If you go with the 2 bolt you will need (I presume) to drill 2 holes into the tile. put toilet in place where it will sit and mark the holes , take away toilet and drill the holes with a 7ml tile drill bit (masking tape put over the tile will help you to not slip when starting off the hole). Drill deep enough to insert 7ml rawl plugs. then place the toilet back and fix down with screws long enough to go through the toilet and 3/4 of the rawl plug. You will need; Electric percussion drill or descent battery drill. 7 ml tile drill bit 2 x rawl plug 7ml 2 x screw masking tape is handy hope this helps, Alex

May 18, 2011 | American Standard 2294.011.020 Afwall...

1 Answer

(HAMPTON BAY) Hi there! I had a customer that had came to me about a solution to your blinds.He had told me that everytime he pulls his blinds (vertical) to the right hand side , they become heavy which...

You posted on Fixya.

1) Fixya doesn't make Hampton Bay products.
We answer questions and are not allowed to call customers directly.

2) Perhaps your customer could attach a block of wood to the wall using 4 toggle bolts, and then attach blind hardware directly to piece of wood using wood screws.

3) If this is not the correct answer for your situation, then that suggests you contact Hampton Bay.
I am unable to locate website for Hampton Bay.
However HB products come with instruction sheets that should have contact information.

Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya phone service.
For a price, expert speaks with you over phone while you work on any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.

Feb 13, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

How to change the rear spark plugs

you have to remove the dog house inside of the van to get to them. thr dog house is the cover on the inside it a big humped cover.near the dash on the floor.

Sep 13, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan

1 Answer

How do i change the upper brake light on a 1994 toyota tercel. I cannot seem to figure out how to access the brake light in the housing in the rear window?

if the housing has button securing it, see if they have a smaller button in the center. depress them and the fasteners will almost fall out. some use blind clips, u can hook those and CAREFULLY see it they will release

Sep 12, 2009 | 1994 Toyota Tercel

1 Answer

Get inside upper brake light housing to replace lens cover

If there are no push pins (like a button with a button in it, VERY carfully hook soemething around it and pull back... GM likes to use cheesy metal or plastic blind fasteners

Sep 12, 2009 | 2000 Saturn Ls 4dr Sedan

1 Answer

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan & light,carriage house 52", white. the light fixture is loose, it feels like it is ready to fall. is there any way of thghting so it will not fall

Depending on where it's loose it would be tightened with the nut on the shaft/pipe going into the bottom of the fan or, tightening the screws which fasten the housing to the light fixture is -- these will be in the side of the lower cup which connects to the fan housing.


Aug 31, 2009 | Hampton Bay 52 In. Polished Brass and...

1 Answer

Good afrernoon, I posted my problem with blindes several weeks ago and nobody helped me... I really need help!!! I have classic white vertical wooden blinds in the window. Unfortunately something happend...

there are plastic gear inside of the top rail. you need to take the blind down and look inside. it may have some of the gear damaged. in which case the gear need to be replaced. unfortunately, there is no place sells the gear. only the rail.
that means you have to buy a new rail and go through the trouble of re-thread all of the control lines. if you are not handy, I suggest you take the blind to a repair shop.

Nov 28, 2008 | Hardware & Accessories

2 Answers

Can not open the wooden window blindes.

try to see if the rope that controls the up and down motion for the blind is not binding against the stick knob that it is attached to in order to see this you have to take the blind down and look at it from the top

Nov 12, 2008 | Hardware & Accessories

Not finding what you are looking for?
Drills Logo

Related Topics:

50 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Drills Experts

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15729 Answers

Are you a Drill Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides