Question about Computers & Internet
Yep I did the same. Finally recovered using the link shown below.
To Create a Crisis Recovery USB you must use a Win XP system
Note: Running XP through compatibility more in Win 7 will not work
1. Insert Blank USB Drive
2. Open "CRISDISK" folder
3. Open "WINCRIS" application
4. It should detect the USB Drive
5. Click "Start" Button
WINCRIS should create the USB recovery drive
6. For Crisis recover, be sure to Power drain system.
A. Remove Battery
B. Depress power button for 10-15 sec.
7. Insert USB drive into USB port.
8. Hold END button while plugging in power cord in system
9. Continue to hold END and depress and release the system power button.
10. Continue holding END until USB drive begins to flash and a beep is heard.
11. System may remain blank as it enters recovery mode - Anoying Beeping will be heard - Beeping will stop and FANS will function Another series of Beeps will be heard
12. System should complete recovery in 5-10 min. If system has not powered down in 15 min, power down by pressing the power button
Good luck Dean/Steve
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Did you flash the bios? upgrade it?
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2012 | Dell Inspiron Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1000 Laptop Computer (AMD...
Dec 15, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1000 Notebook
Dec 13, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1000 Notebook
Mar 14, 2010 | Dell Vostro 1000
Sep 03, 2009 | Dell Vostro 1000 Notebook
Jul 10, 2009 | Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook
Dec 29, 2008 | Dell Vostro 1000 Mobile AMD Sempron...
310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!