Question about HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
May be the cartridges or one of them is not working. clean the head of cartridges with fine tissue paper and also clean the chip of cartridge.
Also see the error message in your monitor
Posted on Mar 11, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 05, 2010 | HP D4360 DeskJet Printer InkJet
Jun 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 13, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Mar 14, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Feb 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 02, 2009 | Canon SmartBase MP730 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 14, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 18, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
That flashing pattern is consistent with a stuck carriage. Here is a copy/paste from HP concerning the 5000 series and your flashing lights.
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top access door on the printer.
2. Remove the ink cartridges.
3. Close the cartridge flaps after removing the ink cartridges.
4. Turn the printer off, then on again.
5. Replace the ink cartridges.
6. Close the top access door. Issue
The Resume light continues to blink after the cartridges are released.
The carriage is stuck or makes a grinding noise.
1. Lift the top cover to the printer.
2. Turn the printer off and then on again.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer when the grinding noise starts. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Move the carriage towards the middle of the printer (this procedure may take a couple of tries to get the timing correct).
5. Take out the cartridges and close the top cover.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer. Plug the power cord to the wall outlet.
7. Open the top cover, reinstall the cartridges, and then close the top cover.
Oct 23, 2007 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Oct 19, 2007 | Canon S520 InkJet Photo Printer
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!